What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Whispered Lies (Web of Lies, #1)
This topic is about Whispered Lies
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance thriller? Series involves president setting up a secret crew to investigate. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 11 comments I read this series two or three years ago. I am not sure if it was a complete series at the time or not.
In book one.... The MC is a women who moves into her dads house after he dies and runs his bar/pub which is near Quantico. There are two old men who are retired cops that worked with her father. They are funny and at the bar everyday. She finds evidence that her father was murdered. Hooks up with main male, not sure if he is in politics, feds or some sort of detective? President makes them meet at the white house but they have to travel through some secret hallway or tunnel, something like that. They cannot be seen etc. The president wants them to investigate something under the table as to not show his hand to the bad guys. Spoiler which I think might be the VP if memory serves??
This secret investigation crew has the HQ at her dads bar and meets in the supply closet. Each book after is about a member of this crew and their love interest. one is about the computer genius geek meeting and bringing his love interest into the group from London. One of the books is about the president getting together with his reporter or some sort of public person.
There were a small amount of sex scenes I believe but they were semi vivid not full on erotica

message 2: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Whispered Lies by Kathleen Brooks seems to match your description.

One reviewer says: "...Elizabeth James who was forced out of the FBI after a failed mission got her partner and lover killed. She is currently working as a professor when she gets a call telling her that her father has died from an accident at the bar he owns that's caters to all the trainees at Quantico. Its not long before she figures out he was murdered and she is then contacted by the Chief of Staff for a secret meeting with the President."

Search = site:www.goodreads.com "romantic suspense" "her father" bar quantico "the president"

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 11 comments Correct

message 4: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Glad you found you book, Sarah.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Whispered Lies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kathleen Brooks (other topics)