Shaped by a book discussion

Book Discussions > The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noa (last edited May 21, 2020 02:55PM) (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Hey everyone! I am almost done with the book, and I absolutely love it so far (although my opinion is completely biased now that dolphins are involved). For those of you who have read it or are in the middle of reading it, what do you think about the book?

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia I’m still reading it but it is really great at the moment. I love how odd the book is. I wouldn’t usually read books like this but I actually really enjoyed this one. I am excited to finish it.

message 3: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Same! It took me forever to start reading it (I kept procrastinating) but I love the crazy ramblings and specifics about the universe. It's so insane and crazy and I just love it. ALSO DOLPHINS

(If you don't know me in person, I am low key obsessed with dolphins)

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahofstories) I loved the book! It's been sitting on my shelf for the past couple of years and I've just never been able to get into it before. I loved the complete randomness, nothing felt particularly planned out (I mean that in a good way). It was a welcome change from what I normally read.

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Yes totally. It was a break from all the other books that I have been reading. I love how detailed the descriptions of the universe are. I found the book very strange at times, but this made me love the book a whole lot more.

message 6: by lily (new)

lily | 37 comments I completely agree! It almost reminded me of Alice in Wonderland in that it was so unpredictable in a way that seemed like the author didn't know what was going to happen until it actually did. That can feel scattered and disjointed, but in Hitchhiker's it really worked. The bizarre specificities made the world feel real even with everything being so random and crazy.

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Yes, I totally agree!!

message 8: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Okay, there was one thing I'm not sure if I totally understand. Did Zaphod Beeblebrox mess with his own brain to erase a conversation about becoming president/other stuff? And then he left his own initials on his brain...? That's what I thought had happened but I'm not very sure...

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Yes, it was kind of confusing.

message 10: by Olivia (new)

Olivia At certain points.