Buddy Reads w./ Julia Sapphire discussion

Introduction

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia Sapphire (juliasapphire) | 45 comments Mod
Hi Everyone! Introduce yourself and share some bookish facts about you. My name is Julia and I am from Canada. My pronouns are she/her. (please feel free to include yours as well if you feel comfortable doing so). Some of my favourite books are The Shining, The Virgin Suicides, and IT. I'm very excited to do this buddy read with you all and I hope people actually join lmao.

Some ideas could be:
- How many books you've read or own
- Some of your favourite books
- What country you are from
- What bookish social media you have
- If you have read a King novel before

message 2: by Ariana (new)

Ariana (nyazari) | 1 comments hii :)
my name is ariana (pronouns she/her), i’m from germany and i’m sooo unbelievably excited to join in on this buddy read!

This will be the second stephen king book i read! my first experience with this (amazing) author was in the beginning of this year by reading the shining and oh wow, i really loved it!!

other favorite books of mine include blood.water.paint., ugly love and maus (very weird combo, i know).

at the moment, i don’t have any bookish social media because i‘m so occupied with finals since i’m graduating highschool this/next month. :‘)
but i’m definitely planning on creating a book/study instagram once this study madness is over!

i hope this wasn’t too much rambling! and i hope everyone has a lovely day :)

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurajr) | 3 comments hi my name is Laura
I'm from England UK .I'm a big fan of Stephen kings work I recently finished reading Duma key and loved it such a good books.
I received if it bleed for my birthday this month so looking forward to reading it and being part of the buddy read.

I have a Instagram and I do something put pictures up of books I'm reading and other stuff .
I have also read silence of the lambs love them flim and the book was just as good. :)

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris | 5 comments hey there,
my name is Christian and I am from Germany. I would consider myself a huge fan of Stephen King's works. Some of my all-time favourite books are A Little Life, IT, Pet Sematary, To Kill a Mockingbird and the Harry Potter series.

message 5: by Julia (last edited May 23, 2020 04:32AM) (new)

Ariana wrote: "hii :)
my name is ariana (pronouns she/her), i’m from germany and i’m sooo unbelievably excited to join in on this buddy read!

This will be the second stephen king book i read! my first experience..."

Hi Arianna!! So happy you will be joining us :)
I loved The Shining too so I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
Good luck with finals <33

message 6: by Julia (new)

Laura wrote: "hi my name is Laura
I'm from England UK .I'm a big fan of Stephen kings work I recently finished reading Duma key and loved it such a good books.
I received if it bleed for my birthday this month..."

Hi Laura! Thanks for joining us :))
Ouuu I'm glad you really enjoyed The Silence of the Lambs!

message 7: by Julia (new)

Chris wrote: "hey there,
my name is Christian and I am from Germany. I would consider myself a huge fan of Stephen King's works. Some of my all-time favourite books are A Little Life, IT, Pet Sematary, To Kill a..."

Hi Christian! Yayyy glad you are a big King fan, that's awesome.
Glad you will be joining in on the buddy read :)

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 4 comments Greetings! My name is Cheryl and I am from Colorado, USA. I am a huge Stephen King fan and have been for many years. I have not read all of his works though. I've read around 20 or so. My favorite is probably "The Shining". One of my current reads is actually "Duma Key" at the moment. I love horror novels, urban fantasy, thrillers, and lately I have been getting into some medieval romance/and or time travel books as well. I am hoping to obtain a copy of "If It Bleeds" this week, so I can start reading with the group! Happy reading, everyone!

message 9: by Clare (new)

Clare Kelsey | 6 comments Hi everyone! My name is Clare and I am from the U.S. I am a huge horror and Stephen King fan! I've read ten of his books in total and I can't wait to read many more. :)

message 10: by ReadingWithZee (new)

ReadingWithZee (zwolfpack) | 5 comments Hello! My name is Zenin (pronounced like Jeanine, but with a Z). I am from California/US. I use she/her/hers pronouns. My first King book that I read was Pet Semetary, followed by The Shining, then IT. My favorite King book is The Dark Half because the imagery was intense!

I typically like to read YA, Middle Grade (huge HP and Percy Jackson fan), and Adult Fiction. I got into thriller/horror because of King. I am looking forward to this read-a-long! This is going to be my first official one to participate it so I’m super excited!

message 11: by Mansoor (last edited May 25, 2020 12:18AM) (new)

Mansoor Khan | 1 comments Hi all..what a pleasure joining and interacting with all of you, especially Ms.Julia whom I have been following on YouTube for her great reviews.
Ok, my name is Mansoor Khan(He). I am from India.

* I have read around 60+ books and own 120+.

* I read and enjoy all type of books like science, sci fi, mystery, philosophy, relating to wildlife, autobiographies, fantasy, etc.

* I think all authors are exceptionally talented and I appreciate them all. But some of my favourites are Carl sagan, Frederick forsyth, Ayn Rand, Joy adamson, JK Rowling, Dan Brown, JRR tolkien, Arthur c clarke,....list goes on.

*My favourite books till date are Fountainhead, Day of the Jackal, Born Free, Lord of Rings trilogy(5* from me).

* My favourite horror book is Bram Stoker Dracula( continue to be).

* I haven't read any of King's book but I own two of them "Salems Lot" and "Different Seasons" for more than a year and i haven't read them yet.

* I would like to be a part of this group but...Stephen's new book..."If it Bleeds"...is not available in India yet in paperback/hardcover formats. I just checked now.

That's it and Thank you all.

message 12: by Julia (new)

Cheryl wrote: "Greetings! My name is Cheryl and I am from Colorado, USA. I am a huge Stephen King fan and have been for many years. I have not read all of his works though. I've read around 20 or so. My favorite ..."

Hi Cheryl!! That's awesome that you are a huge King fan already and have read lots of his work :) The Shining is one of my favs by him too :) glad you are joining us!

message 13: by Julia (new)

Clare wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Clare and I am from the U.S. I am a huge horror and Stephen King fan! I've read ten of his books in total and I can't wait to read many more. :)"

Hi Clare :D
Yayy that's great! Glad you are joining us <3

message 14: by Julia (new)

ReadingWithZee wrote: "Hello! My name is Zenin (pronounced like Jeanine, but with a Z). I am from California/US. I use she/her/hers pronouns. My first King book that I read was Pet Semetary, followed by The Shining, then..."

Hi Zenin! Ouuu I have yet to read The Dark Half but I'm glad you liked it so much. Omg that's so cool that this is your first readalong!! :) happy for you to join us!

message 15: by Julia (new)

Mansoor wrote: "Hi all..what a pleasure joining and interacting with all of you, especially Ms.Julia whom I have been following on YouTube for her great reviews.
Ok, my name is Mansoor Khan(He). I am from India. ..."

Hi Mansoor! Aw I'm sorry it's not available in India :(
I would have loved for you to join us. Thank you for the list of cool facts also <3

message 16: by Brittanee (new)

Brittanee  | 1 comments Hi everyone. I’m Brittanee. I’m 31 years old and I live near Pittsburgh PA.

The first Stephen King book that I read was The Green Mile when I was in high school. I’ve read several more such as IT, Pet Semetary, The Dead Zone, Running Man, etc. I am currently reading Different Seasons. I really enjoy reading the books and then watching the movies. Besides Stephen King books I really love dystopian novels.

I am so happy to have found this group!! I love discussing books with other people. I will definitely participate in the next book you guys choose.

message 17: by Julia (new)

Brittanee wrote: "Hi everyone. I’m Brittanee. I’m 31 years old and I live near Pittsburgh PA.

The first Stephen King book that I read was The Green Mile when I was in high school. I’ve read several more such as IT..."

Hi Brittanee! In terms of the next buddy read there is a poll in the Goodreads group and a poll up on my Twitter (juliasapphire_) to decide what we are going to read next :) So glad you will be joining us next time!

message 18: by Connor (new)

Connor (cdpunkhorrorxd) | 1 comments Hi I am Greg,
I am from England and I am a teen.
I have Stephen King is my favourite author even though I have not read much of his work.

I have finished The Shining and I am currently reading IT. I am really excited to be in this group and to read more horror novels. I will order any book that will become the next project! I cannot wait to discuss books with all of you :)

message 19: by Maya (new)

Maya Dunn | 1 comments Hello my name is Maya! I’m a high school student and I live in the US.

Throughout the past few weeks I’ve gotten back into Stephen King since reading It a few years ago, which is one of my favorite books of all time. So far I’ve read The Stand, The Shining, Carrie, Salem’s Lot, Misery, Night Shift, and I’m currently reading the Dark Tower series (I’m on The Wastelands now). I picked up the Outsider a few days ago because it was on sale, so great choice! Excited for my first buddy read and to finally have some people to discuss King with!

message 20: by Julia (new)

Greg wrote: "Hi I am Greg,
I am from England and I am a teen.
I have Stephen King is my favourite author even though I have not read much of his work.

I have finished The Shining and I am currently reading I..."

Hi Greg! :) So happy you are joining us!
Ahhh The Shining is amazing and IT is one my of my favs.

message 21: by Julia (new)

Maya wrote: "Hello my name is Maya! I’m a high school student and I live in the US.

Throughout the past few weeks I’ve gotten back into Stephen King since reading It a few years ago, which is one of my favori..."

Hi Maya! Looking forward to all of us discussing The Outsider <3 Glad you are joining us.

message 22: by Alexia (new)

Alexia M. | 1 comments Hi,
I’m Alexia, from Canada/France.

I picked up reading only a couple of years ago, I’m im my 30’s.. I feel that I hade so much to catch up to.

I started reading with Stephen King classics, and go back to King in between every other books.

I don’t own a physical library, I usually circulate, give away my book when I’m done, but my audiobook and kindle list is quite long.. probably 350 combines! So lots of reading ahead.
I’m interested in many different gents and still trying to discover what books I like. King is usually a win!

Happy to join the group, I have already read the Outsider ans I’m actually starting If it Bleeds!

message 23: by Cam (new)

Cam | 1 comments Hi everyone my name is cameron, I’m from Washington, 3 hours away from Portland. Pronouns ( he/ him )

As a kid I read a little bit. Then during my teenage years I just stopped reading. But I heard about the first new IT movie that came out back then and decided to read the book and I was amazed and how Stephen king grabbed my attention. After I read the book my dad told me S.K also wrote “ Carrie “ I saw the 2013 movie before I knew it was even a book so I had to read the book. By far Carrie is my fav S.K book.

I’ve now been reading a lot more. Watching Julia’s YouTube videos also showed me to this group and I thought it was super cool to do a buddy read! I’ve never done a buddy read before but I’m excited to read with you all. I hope everyone’s having a good day or night🙂
Thank you Julia for doing this buddy read with us!

message 24: by Julia (new)

Alexia wrote: "Hi,
I’m Alexia, from Canada/France.

I picked up reading only a couple of years ago, I’m im my 30’s.. I feel that I hade so much to catch up to.

I started reading with Stephen King classics, and g..."

Hi Alexia!
Ouuu I am excited to hear what you think of If It Bleeds :)
Thanks for joining!

message 25: by Julia (new)

Cam wrote: "Hi everyone my name is cameron, I’m from Washington, 3 hours away from Portland. Pronouns ( he/ him )

As a kid I read a little bit. Then during my teenage years I just stopped reading. But I heard..."

CAMERON HIII :)
So glad you are joining us!!
Hope you are having a good day too <3

message 26: by mel (new)

mel | 1 comments hi! My name is Carmela! My favorite book is IT! i’m getting into reading stephen king more, so far I have read: IT, the long walk and thinner! He has so many I don’t ever know which one to pick up next. I have a bookcase in my room that has four shelves. The bookcase is pretty tiny but my books are overfilling the shelves so i’d say I have a good amount.

I am from New York! I am 21. & I’m excited to join all of you on this reading journey (:

message 27: by Dinithi (new)

Dinithi Livera | 1 comments Hello beautiful people! My name is Dinithi and I’m from Sri Lanka. I don’t have favourites when it comes to anything so I couldn’t tell you one book but some of the best books I’ve read are Six of Crows, The Illuminae Files, Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Daisy Jones and of course, The Shining.

I have acquired quite a lot of King’s books throughout the years but so far I’ve only read The Shining and IT.

Excited to be here! Hope you’re having a wonderful day.

message 28: by Julia (new)

mel wrote: "hi! My name is Carmela! My favorite book is IT! i’m getting into reading stephen king more, so far I have read: IT, the long walk and thinner! He has so many I don’t ever know which one to pick up ..."

Hi Carmela! Glad you are joining us:)

message 29: by Julia (new)

Dinithi wrote: "Hello beautiful people! My name is Dinithi and I’m from Sri Lanka. I don’t have favourites when it comes to anything so I couldn’t tell you one book but some of the best books I’ve read are Six of ..."

Hi Dinithi!! Yesss love The Shining.
Hope you have a wonderful day too :)

message 30: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Downes | 4 comments Hi my name is Melanie Downes. I am from New Jersey USA! My pros and nouns are her/she Mel or Melanie. I am so excited to be joining your book club. I am a huge fan of Stephen King. I also love Harry Potter and witchcraft. I am excited to be joining this book club. I heard a lot about this in your YouTube videos

message 31: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Downes | 4 comments Hi my name is Melanie Downes! I go by Mel or Melanie! I am from Moorestown, New Jersey USA. I am a huge fan on Stephen King. My two favorites are It and Needful Things. I also a huge fan of Harry Potter and I love witchcraft stuff. I heard about this book club from Youtube. I love Stephen Kings work! I am so excited to be joining this book club!

message 32: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Downes | 4 comments I read like some many books but if that’s ok if I put down my TOP 6 favorite Stephen Kings books. Which they are

1. Needful Things

2. Doctor Sleep

3. It

4. The Shining

5. Misery

6. Pet Sematary

I also love Harry Potter! I loved Carrion Comfort! It was a great book. The author who wrote Carrion Comfort is very similar to Stephen King’s work

message 33: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Jen and I'm from the Southern USA. My pronouns are she/her. My favorite book of all time is Dark Angel by V.C. Andrews. I can't decide on my favorite King book but it's a toss-up between: Mr. Mercedes, Firestarter, and Duma Key. I've read most of King's work. I have a Twitter under JNCahill1 and Instagram under @ceruleananimation. I am also a writer of YA Horror and Dark Contemporary and hope to self-publish next year. I am definitely trying to find some new horror and thriller books to love.

message 34: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Downes | 4 comments I also like The Chronicles of Narnia, The Shadowhunters, Vampire Academy and Carrion Comfort too!

message 35: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 4 comments Greetings to the group and Julia, I just have a general question. Was this group going to be reading "Sleeping Beauties" by Stephen King and Owen King? I thought I had seen that somewhere for this group but I might be mistaken. I finally got my hands on the book so I was just curious if there was a buddy read going to be taking place with that one.

message 36: by Chasity (new)

Chasity | 2 comments Hello my name is Chasity and i am from Texas, USA. i'm a huge Stephen King fan but do not like his Dark Towers series. Couldn't get into them. I have read about 99 percent of his stories. Im also a Dean Koontz, Grady Hendrix, Charlaine Harris etc fan. im currently reading Shirley Jacksons, Dark Tales and just finished Grady Hendrix's Horrorstor. Im a new Grady fan. so far Goodreads is my only bookish social media if Kindle doesnt count.