Grab a Book & Play Booktivity! discussion

What Are You Reading? > ANNOUNCING the theme for June 2020

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Jun 02, 2020 06:07AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2656 comments Mod
We invite YOU to nominate a theme for next month. Could be a specific genre, a cover image, a title word, an author initial...

ONE nomination per member

To encourage participation from more members, the person who nominated LAST month's winning theme cannot nominate this month. So, Rosa, you will *not* be able to submit a nomination (though you WILL be able to vote).

DEADLINE - 25May20 5p CST, or 5 nominations (whichever comes first)

Once the nominations are closed, we'll set up a poll for membership to vote on the theme for next month.

NOMINATED THEMES:
* National Gardening Week: Cover shows a garden (either flower or vegetable) - Patty
* Finally getting a haircut in June! - Read a book that shows a woman's hair on the cover - Book Concierge
* A summer scene on cover - Koren
* Going through lockdown - read a book with "Domestic" in the title - Mystique

* Enough of being indoors! - a book with an outdoor/wildlife scene on the cover -or- described in the text. - SouthWestZippy

message 2: by Patty (new)

Patty | 177 comments National Gardening week in June. Read a book with the cover showing a garden. Flower or vegetable.

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Finally getting a haircut in June! - Read a book that shows a woman's hair on the cover.

message 4: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 508 comments Read a book showing a summer scene on the cover.

message 5: by Mystique (new)

Mystique Jessica | 52 comments As we all are going through lockdown situation. So, how about to read book having ‘Domestic’ in their titles.

message 6: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 160 comments I have had enough of the indoor house scene. A book with a outdoor/wildlife scene.

message 7: by Book Concierge (new)

SouthWestZippy wrote: "I have had enough of the indoor house scene. A book with a outdoor/wildlife scene."

DO you mean on the cover ... or in the pages of the book?

message 8: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 160 comments Book Concierge wrote: "SouthWestZippy wrote: "I have had enough of the indoor house scene. A book with a outdoor/wildlife scene."

DO you mean on the cover ... or in the pages of the book?"

Let us be truly FREE... both. :0) LOL

message 9: by Book Concierge (new)

We've got five nominations, but one of them is mine. So I'll wait until 5p tomorrow, May 25. If someone else nominates a theme, I'll delete my suggestion, and take that one.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Memorial Day weekend.

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

NOMINATIONS CLOSED ...

The poll can be found HERE

message 11: by Book Concierge (new)

WE HAVE A WINNER:

* Enough of being indoors! - a book with an outdoor/wildlife scene on the cover -or- described in the text. - SouthWestZippy

Let's get outside ... even if it's only through reading!