Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > In need of some new books!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nina (new)

Nina | 4 comments Hey All,

This is my first time ever joining a book group or talking about my addiction with reading. There aren’t many friends or family around me reading the same books, so this is very exciting.

I’ve recently finish reading the last of the infernal devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare and loved every minute of it, but now I’m sad that I don’t have another amazing book to continue on with. My top favourites and the previous series I’ve loved before are;

- The Courts Series by Sarah J Mass (Court of Thorns & Roses, Court of Mist and Fury, Court of Wings & Ruin, Court of Frost & Starlight)

- The Dark Artifices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare

- Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

- When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo

- Fallen Kingdoms Series by Morgan Rhodes

I’m an absolute sucker for a romance, with a bit on intimacy and a strong female lead, something that really keeps you wanting to know more.

I’d love to know more or get recommendations off people who have read the books and can understand the love for them. Has anyone got some recommendations off my previous list, something I could possibly fall in love with?

Thanks again! ☺️

message 2: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) I'd recommend you read Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy and Ghosts of the Shadow Market and then start Chain of Gold!! I'm sure you'd love it!

message 3: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) coming to romance, I read a trilogy recently by Georgia Cates .. it was the #beauty series. book one is beauty from pain.. I liked it very much!!

message 4: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) you haven't mentioned if you read TMI.. just curious.. become you should have before reading The dark artifices

message 5: by Karro (new)

Karro Herondale (karroherondale) | 79 comments Have you tried out Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas? It's soo good, but I'm sure you can understand that cause you've read ACOTAR.

And what about Six of Crows? I think it's even better than The Grisha Trilogy, but that's just my opinion

message 6: by Karro (new)

Karro Herondale (karroherondale) | 79 comments Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard is good, and of course Cassandra Clare's new Chain of Gold.
And the Hush Hush serie is to die for!

message 7: by Nina (new)

Nina | 4 comments To Beenish;
I was thinking about starting chain of gold, do you think I’d need to read tales from the Shadowhunter a academy and ghosts of the shadow market first?

That Beauty series sounds good - I’ll have to keep and eye out for it.

I didn’t read TMI because I originally found out about Cassandra Clare from the Shadowhunter TV show (While I absolutely loved) but I thought maybe I needed to wait a little while before I picked up the books so I can forget the overall plot a little. I do really wish I read the books or knew about them when they came out.

message 8: by Nina (new)

Nina | 4 comments To Karro;
Throne of glass has definitely been on the list, I’ve read a review from someone who felt it was more action rather then romance and it put a bit of doubt there but i think I need to try it.

I do think six of crows, red queen are definitely great recommendations! Thank you. I have never seen or heard of the hush hush series so I’ll have to look at that!

message 9: by Nina (new)

Nina | 4 comments To Jonathan;
I will have to look at bit more into Hawk and TMI, thank you!

message 10: by Ana Sofia (new)

Ana Sofia Ferreira (anasofiathedreamer) | 87 comments "I’m an absolute sucker for a romance, with a bit on intimacy and a strong female lead, something that really keeps you wanting to know more."

Well, Serpent & Dove might be exactly what you're looking for!!!!!

message 11: by Verity (new)

Verity (veritydrewfirth) | 7 comments Totally agree with what you’re saying, I felt exactly the same way after finishing a series recently!
I have loved the Caraval series by Stephanie Gabby!
I would really recommend that.

message 12: by TheWolfChanger (new)

TheWolfChanger | 11 comments Have you read the Tales of a New World series. It's really good, I've read the series three times and still never get bored. It's filled with romances and it has a great plot.

message 13: by Rachel Adiyah (new)

Rachel Adiyah | 27 comments Nina wrote: "Hey All,

This is my first time ever joining a book group or talking about my addiction with reading. There aren’t many friends or family around me reading the same books, so this is very exciting..."

Based on your previous choices I recommend reading White Space by Ilsa Bick. It is a surrealistic YA fantasy. When I read it I couldn't stop reading! It has a strong female heroine, romance, some horror, concepts of fantasy that I've never read anywhere else, basically everything that makes a book worth reading.

message 14: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 285 comments The Cinder series for sure!

message 15: by Shavonne (new)

Shavonne | 7 comments The Night Circus!
It is a stand alone book, but the writing is truly magical and the romance is soo sweet to watch slowly bloom.
The only way to describe this book is literally "Magical".

message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura | 659 comments Based on you picks, a few books I would recommend are:

- “Tsumiko and the Enslaved Fox” by Forthright
- Study series & Healer series by Maria V. Snyder
- “Empire of Sand” by Tasha Suri
- Red Winter trilogy by Annette Marie
- Hidden Legacy series & Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura | 659 comments Red Winter series by Annette Marie

Sorry. I thought I had written the author in the previous post :)

message 18: by Shavonne (new)

Shavonne | 7 comments skyward by Brandon Sanderson!

message 19: by Niranjana (new)

Niranjana Siva (niranju) | 24 comments Dalia wrote: "The Cinder series for sure!"

I second this recommendation. The Lunar Chronicles has everything you wish to see in a book.

message 20: by Juuso (new)

Juuso | 618 comments I am not sure, but Caraval sounds like somenthing you could like.