Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

2020 Level 3 (Super Sleuth) > Eileen's Level 3 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eileen (new)

Eileen | 23 comments Time to move on up!

message 2: by Eileen (last edited May 26, 2020 11:16AM) (new)

Eileen | 23 comments I am doing the B challenge.

Culinary (restaurants, baked goods, etc.): Croissants and Corruption by Danielle Collins Croissants and Corruption (Margot Durand #1) by Danielle Collins
And Then There Were Crumbs by Eve Calder And Then There Were Crumbs (A Cookie House Mystery, #1) by Eve Calder

Animal-related: Baa'd to Death by Sarah Jane Weldon Baa'd to Death (Cozy Mystery Dogs #1) by Sarah Jane Weldon
Familiar Trouble by Carolyn Haines Familiar Trouble (Familiar Legacy, #1) by Carolyn Haines

Craft related: Grand, Death, Auto by Joanna Campbell Slan Grand, Death, Auto (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery #14) by Joanna Campbell Slan
Bad, Memory, Album by Joanna Campbell Slan Bad, Memory, Album (Kiki Lowenstein #0.5) by Joanna Campbell Slan
Both are scrapbooking mysteries

Paranormal: Aconite and Accusations by Ruby Loren Aconite and Accusations Mystery (The Witches of Wormwood Mysteries Book 5) by Ruby Loren Book 5 in the series, last one for now. Looking forward to the next one!
Books and Brews by Susan Harper Books and Brews (Back Room Bookstore #1) by Susan Harper not really a fan, probably won't read any others

Based outside the US: The Case of the Flashing Fashion Queen by N. L. Wilson The Case of the Flashing Fashion Queen (Dix Dodd Mystery, #1) by N.L. Wilson set in Canada
The Cracked Spine by Paige Shelton The Cracked Spine (Scottish Bookshop Mystery, #1) by Paige Shelton (set in Scotland)

Career-based: Dead in the Water by Julie Smith Dead in the Water (Rebecca Schwartz, #4) by Julie Smith (protagonist is a lawyer)
End of the Lane by Sonia Parin End of the Lane (A Dear Abby Cozy Mystery #1) by Sonia Parin (protagonist is a journalist)

Holiday-based: Killer Christmas by Harper Lin Killer Christmas (An Emma Wild Holiday Mystery #1) by Harper Lin
A Ghost for Christmas by J.D. Winters A Ghost for Christmas (Destiny Bay Cozy, #1) by J.D. Winters

Travel mystery: Drugged on Deck by Susan Harper Drugged on Deck (Caribbean Cruise Cozy Mystery #1) by Susan Harper
Dead in the Water by Susan Harper Dead in the Water (Caribbean Cruise Cozy Mystery #2) by Susan Harper
I did not enjoy these cruise mysteries so much, I am not reading any more...and I love cruising!

Historical mystery: Still Life with Murder by P.B. Ryan Still Life with Murder (Nell Sweeney Mysteries, #1) by P.B. Ryan
The Deep End by Julie Mulhern The Deep End (The Country Club Murders #1) by Julie Mulhern (Set in the 70s, does that count as historical? Half a century ago?)

Freebie!: Haunted House Ghost by James J. Cudney Haunted House Ghost (Braxton Campus Mysteries #5) by James J. Cudney
Yeast of Eden by Sarah Fox Yeast of Eden (Pancake House Mystery #4) by Sarah Fox
Other People's Skeleton's by Julie Smith Other People's Skeletons (Rebecca Schwartz, #5) by Julie Smith
One Deadly Sister by Rod Hoisington One Deadly Sister (Sandy Reid Mysteries, #1) by Rod Hoisington
Glad One: Crazy is a Relative Term by Margaret Langley Glad One Crazy is a Relative Term (A Val Fremden Mystery, #1) by Margaret Lashley
Maggie and the Black-Tie Affair by Barbara Cool Lee Maggie and the Black-Tie Affair (Carita Cove #1) by Barbara Cool Lee
The Body in the Dales by J.R. Ellis The Body in the Dales (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #1) by J.R. Ellis
Booking a Killer Vacation by J.R. Ripley Booking a Killer Vacation (Myrtle Beach Mystery Book 1) by J.R. Ripley
The Quartet Murders by J.R. Ellis The Quartet Murders (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #2) by J.R. Ellis
Cappuccino, Cupcakes, and a Corpse by Harper Lin Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (Cape Bay Cafe Mystery, #1) by Harper Lin
Reservation with Death by Diane Capri Reservation with Death (The Park Hotel Mysteries #1) by Diane Capri
To Kill a Mocking Girl by Harper Kincaid To Kill a Mocking Girl (Bookbinding Mystery #1) by Harper Kincaid

message 3: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne (yvonne473) | 808 comments Mod
Good luck! Great books on your list. I'm listing to And Then There Were Crumbs on audio. I'm enjoying it - just haven't had enough time to listen.

message 4: by Eileen (new)

Eileen | 23 comments Yvonne wrote: "Good luck! Great books on your list. I'm listing to And Then There Were Crumbs on audio. I'm enjoying it - just haven't had enough time to listen."

I thought that was a good one. But I can't do audio books...my mind drifts and I constantly have to back up again! How weird is that!

message 5: by Yvonne (new)

That happens to me all the time. It was really bad when I listened to it in the car. Now, I'm listening when I'm walking for exercise and it's a little better. Still, my mind does tend to drift.

message 6: by Eileen (new)

Eileen | 23 comments Challenge complete! Moving up to Level 4!

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 309 comments Eileen wrote: "Challenge complete! Moving up to Level 4!"

Wow! Way to go!

message 8: by Yvonne (new)

Congrats!