YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Fascinators
This topic is about The Fascinators
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Fascinators by Andrew Eliopulos --> Starting June 5th 2020

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments Living in a small town where magic is frowned upon, Sam needs his friends James and Delia—and their time together in their school's magic club—to see him through to graduation.

But as soon as senior year starts, little cracks in their group begin to show. Sam may or may not be in love with James. Delia is growing more frustrated with their amateur magic club. And James reveals that he got mixed up with some sketchy magickers over the summer, putting a target on all their backs.

With so many fault lines threatening to derail his hopes for the year, Sam is forced to face the fact that the very love of magic that brought his group together is now tearing them apart—and there are some problems that no amount of magic can fix.

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Through ch 5

(view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Up to ch3. Anyone else surprised by the odd timing of the new arrival and the idea of some mystery connected to the party mentioned?

Karen Barber | 10142 comments HeatherH wrote: "Through ch 5

I'm liking this so far but definitely wish we had more exploration/explanation of the actual magic in this world. I like that there is already some tension in the group of friends - ..."

Up to ch 6. (view spoiler)

message 5: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments I'm still waiting for this to come in from the library. Hopefully soon!

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Up to ch8. (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Up to ch15. (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Up to ch21. (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Finished. Review on home page. Something of an odd read, where I felt I wanted to know more about the magic than the characters. Somewhat vague ending with regard to Delia.

Harishma (recklessreveries) | 54 comments HeatherH wrote: "Through ch 5

I'm liking this so far but definitely wish we had more exploration/explanation of the actual magic in this world. I like that there is already some tension in the group of friends - ..."

Through chap 5 ((view spoiler))

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Ch 6-11

(view spoiler)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch8. [spoilers removed]"

I'm curious as well. The magic here is just not as fleshed out as I had hoped.

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Harishma wrote: "HeatherH wrote: "Through ch 5

(view spoiler)

Harishma (recklessreveries) | 54 comments HeatherH wrote: "Harishma wrote: "HeatherH wrote: "Through ch 5

If you haven't yet made it to ch 10, we get some backstory on Isaac that explains a little bit more. Definitely intrigued by their group. I find the..."

Yeah they are awesome.. I'm not in chp 10 yet...

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Ch 11-17

(view spoiler)

Harishma (recklessreveries) | 54 comments HeatherH wrote: "Ch 6-11

[spoilers removed]"

Through ch10
(view spoiler)

Harishma (recklessreveries) | 54 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch8. [spoilers removed]"
(view spoiler)

Harishma (recklessreveries) | 54 comments Aly wrote: "I'm still waiting for this to come in from the library. Hopefully soon!"
Yep hopefully soon! When will you get it?☺️

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Harishma wrote: "HeatherH wrote: "Ch 6-11

[spoilers removed]"
Through ch10
[spoilers removed]"

Yeah I was lost too. Another example of the magic not being explained well.

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Karen wrote: "Finished. Review on home page. Something of an odd read, where I felt I wanted to know more about the magic than the characters. Somewhat vague ending with regard to Delia."

Finished as well. Left feeling very underwhelmed. Wish I understood the magic better and wish the characters had had a bit more chemistry.

Harishma (recklessreveries) | 54 comments HeatherH wrote: "Karen wrote: "Finished. Review on home page. Something of an odd read, where I felt I wanted to know more about the magic than the characters. Somewhat vague ending with regard to Delia."

Finished..."

Me too (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments This seems like quite a common reaction. It was not a bad read at all, but I think I’d expected something slightly more.

Harishma (recklessreveries) | 54 comments Karen wrote: "This seems like quite a common reaction. It was not a bad read at all, but I think I’d expected something slightly more."

Me too.

message 24: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments I am listening now!
Prologue (view spoiler)

message 25: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments HeatherH wrote: "Through ch 5 (view spoiler)"

Agreed! (view spoiler)

message 26: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch3. Anyone else surprised by the odd timing of the new arrival and the idea of some mystery connected to the party mentioned?"

Yeah it is a might coincidence....

message 27: by Aly (last edited Jun 08, 2020 02:31PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments ch 6 (view spoiler)

message 28: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments Karen wrote: "HeatherH wrote: "Through ch 5

I'm liking this so far but definitely wish we had more exploration/explanation of the actual magic in this world. I like that there is already some tension in the gr..."

Yeah I agree, need more information

message 29: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments HeatherH wrote: "Ch 6-11

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah I like Liv too. (view spoiler)

message 30: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch8. [spoilers removed]"

Yes, I would like more explanation

message 31: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments ch 12 (view spoiler)

message 32: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch15. [spoilers removed]"

Exactly! (view spoiler)

message 33: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments HeatherH wrote: "Ch 11-17

[spoilers removed]"

Yep (view spoiler)

message 34: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments ch 20 (view spoiler)

message 35: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 36: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments Karen wrote: "Finished. Review on home page. Something of an odd read, where I felt I wanted to know more about the magic than the characters. Somewhat vague ending with regard to Delia."

Agreed. It was sort of like a half story

message 37: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments HeatherH wrote: "Karen wrote: "Finished. Review on home page. Something of an odd read, where I felt I wanted to know more about the magic than the characters. Somewhat vague ending with regard to Delia."

Finished..."

Yes, the character didn't have enough development for me to be very invested

message 38: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments Harishma wrote: "HeatherH wrote: "Ch 6-11

[spoilers removed]"
Through ch10
[spoilers removed]"

Yes so confusing!

Harishma (recklessreveries) | 54 comments Aly wrote: "ch 20 Wow Delia, she hurt her own friends. I hope this is a wake up call because otherwise, she's lost.
I am glad Sam and Denver studied for the competition on their own and seemed to be having f..."

(view spoiler)

Harishma (recklessreveries) | 54 comments This is my first buddy read... It was great.. Thank you guys!😁

message 41: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9567 comments Yay I'm glad you like buddy reading

Harishma (recklessreveries) | 54 comments Aly wrote: "Yay I'm glad you like buddy reading"

Me too☺️