Clean Romance Book Group. discussion

Chat with a Mod > Chat With Ruby (Main Mod)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Ruby Rose | 1152 comments Mod
I am open for questions or just polite chat.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi

message 3: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Hello!

message 4: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) How many languages do you know?

message 5: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Sadly only 1 and a few words in Spanish from first grade. I am definitely going to try and learn more it has been on my mind.

message 6: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Ruby wrote: "Sadly only 1 and a few words in Spanish from first grade. I am definitely going to try and learn more it has been on my mind."

I too have Spanish in mind. Hola, mi amiga :)

message 7: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Hola a ti tambien

(This is why I want to learn! I mean I used google of course but I actually learned something...)

message 8: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) I've begun learning the ancient Greek alphabet. It's slow work. I want to understand Plato's work, and the original version of the bible. I can read in French, but can't impress anyone speaking it.

message 9: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Wow. I am so jealous even writing it is a very good skill!

message 10: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Ruby wrote: "Wow. I am so jealous even writing it is a very good skill!"

It's tough to guess whether a noun is male or female. In the past in the US, the schools were teaching French, German and whatnot. Then world war 2 happened.

message 11: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Really! That is fascinating!

message 12: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I am still open to chat! I might not respond instantly but I will respond eventually!

message 13: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Well, I encourage you to read Sophie's World. I read it back when I was 15.

message 14: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Okay! I will try to get my hands on it....

message 15: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Ruby wrote: "Okay! I will try to get my hands on it...."

Another question! What's the best joke you've read?

message 16: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (last edited May 24, 2020 12:49PM) (new)

That ones hard. I think that the best one I have read has been "A horse walks into a bar, what does the bartender say? Why the long face?" I am not really the person that notices these things... so that's why this one is terrible. Lol

message 17: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Here's another good joke:-

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!" "Why shouldn't I?" he said. "Well, there's so much to live for!" "Like what?" "Well... are you religious?" He said yes. I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?" "Christian." "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant ? "Protestant." "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?" "Baptist" "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?" "Baptist Church of God!" "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you reformed Baptist Church of God?" "Reformed Baptist Church of God!" "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?" He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!" I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off.

message 18: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (last edited May 24, 2020 12:56PM) (new)

Oh goodness...

message 19: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Ruby wrote: "Oh goodness..."

Please try to read Sophie's World. Sophie is a 14 year old girl and that's the only YA book that I really love. Although it's not really YA. You'll understand if you read it.

message 20: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I think it will be awesome! It's clean right?

message 21: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Ruby wrote: "I think it will be awesome! It's clean right?"

Yes it is. There's some romance near the end, but it's not graphic. It's as clean as it can get.

message 22: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Okay... I will get it on my "to-buy" list! I wish the Library was open so badly.

message 23: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Me too.

message 24: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Yes. It is torture having to wait for everything to 1. come by mail 2. get approved by my mom to buy and 3. waiting for her to order them...

message 25: by Kacie (new)

Kacie | 149 comments It's so torturous!! I've been waiting weeks for a book to come in the mail. I can't stand it anymore. (well maybe not weeks...but it feels like it)

message 26: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I KNOW! IT IS THE WORST! I hate this life with the coronavirus! It is so mean, I wish at least the libraries could do some sort of thing, you know.

message 27: by Kacie (new)

Kacie | 149 comments Me too! I just hope things start opening up soon.

message 28: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (last edited Aug 12, 2020 12:32PM) (new)

Yeah. In my state they are going to try to start opening this Friday I think... so excited, my horse lessons are officially (hopefully) going to start up again and I am not just going to free ride through old patterns on fridays alone!

message 29: by Kacie (new)

Kacie | 149 comments Yay! That's awesome!! I don't know when we're going to start opening up. First it was in april, then it was supposed to be May 15th, and now apparently it's June 1st. So we'll see!

message 30: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Awesome! It is 9pm here so I need to go to bed...

message 31: by Kacie (new)

Kacie | 149 comments It's 10 here. Probably should go to bed too... Goodnight:)

message 32: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Lol! Goodnight!

message 33: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) There was a girl called Ruby
Who never said whoopee
She was a mod
and believed in God
and liked to eat jujube

message 34: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Wow. I am terrible at poems so... hahaha.

message 35: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Ruby wrote: "Wow. I am terrible at poems so... hahaha."

Lol! That's the best I can do.

message 36: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I can't even do that! So good job! (Lol)

message 37: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) So is it true? You believe in God? I don't.

message 38: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (last edited May 26, 2020 10:23AM) (new)

Yes. I am Christian. But I am not going to go crazy if you aren't. I have a load of friends at school that aren't so I am used to it.

message 39: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Well that's nice of you. I gather you are from the UK? This is going to be my last question for you today :)

message 40: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

No, United States. Lol, I have never had anyone guess that! I am flattered that I seem to come from another country.

message 41: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) It seems I can't do anything wrong in your presence :) See you tomorrow.

message 42: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

See ya!

message 43: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I am announcing this! Okay so I am not going to be on the computer over weekends so I will not be available then. Sorry but my family wants me off over weekends.

message 44: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Ruby wrote: "I am announcing this! Okay so I am not going to be on the computer over weekends so I will not be available then. Sorry but my family wants me off over weekends."

Good for you! Books and groups can wait. Catch up with you on Monday.

message 45: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Yes. I am on on the week but I am trying to be off the computer more.

message 46: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Ruby wrote: "Yes. I am on on the week but I am trying to be off the computer more."

That too is correct. It frees up time for life, if that sounds wise.

message 47: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Yes. It definitely does... I have to go get ready to ride Lady. Chat Monday!

message 48: by D.L. (new)

D.L. I have tried creating groups before and I could never get them off the ground no matter what I tried. How have you made this group so successful and how did you get so many members so fast? lol

message 49: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

You invite all your friends and however many of them join you pressure them to invite more people... until you get a decent amount of people. I hate to pressure everyone but I think it is necessary for a successful group.

message 50: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I am going to be on rarely from now on until the school year... sorry everyone, life is pulling me in one direction as I try to take the other. My parents only want me on one day a week from now on.

KEEP THE GROUP ACTIVE AND KEEP INVITING PEOPLE! THANKS!

-Ruby

« previous 1