A Court of Books and Magic ✧・゚: * discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Buddy reads > Jude and Valdi - Imagine Me (Shatter Me #6) by Tahereh Mafi

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (last edited Jun 12, 2020 01:55AM) (new)

♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥ (judeduartegreenbriar) | 588 comments Mod
Okay, this starts on June 8th

Note: this is a buddy read so the only people that are commenting should be the two people reading. Feel free to read the discussion, but do it at your own peril (the spoilers won't be marked) :)

Valdi - we need to decide a rough reading pace so we can discuss and finish around the same time. x

message 2: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments Sure! Which pace works for you?

message 3: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

I read quite fast, but I don't want to go too fast. I counted the chapters and (if i counted them right) there's 33 chapters including the epilogue as one.

Can we do around 4 chapters a day, then discuss?

message 4: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments sure!

message 5: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Hey valdi - I'm going to start reading my 4 chapters later today. Hope you're all okay and doing well :) xx

message 6: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments I read my chapters already! How about you? I feel like this is going to get so messy!

message 7: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments Hey! So I read the next 4 chapters. However, since I received no new message from you to discuss, I wonder if everything's ok? xx

message 8: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (last edited Jun 10, 2020 01:22AM) (new)

Hi, yeah sorry had a few issues so haven't been posting sorry xx

I haven't yet read the 4 chapters for Wednesday today, but I'm on the 8th chapter and here are my thoughts:

Okay, so just when everything seems like it's gonna get better, Juliette/Ella is now literally dying???!!!! (I mean, she's not but she's not the best, is she?) Gods I hate Emmaline so much.

Warner/Aaron (these double names are a pain) DOES NOT DESERVE THE HATE!!!!! Sure, he might be cold and whatever, but that's because he's hurting! People like Ian should just shut the hell up.

message 9: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Everything's really messy now, maybe a little too much. I don't even know the where the lines are anymore. All I know is that J/E and W/A is amazing (I can't be bothered to type their names) and Kenji is funny as hell.

Kenji and Warner's friendship is the most unlikely ever.

Also, with the thing at the start about Juliette forgetting that she and Aaron are engaged, does that mean that she is forgetting stuff? I will cry if somehow there's a plot twist and she forgets about everything. I mean, that will break Warner

message 10: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments Oh Jesus, today's chapters were a rollercoaster! J forgetting about a big part of her life like whaaaaat? And then freaking Anderson again? Can someone kill that man for good please??? Though Warner in that scene was so impressive like wow what a man.
Aaaand then J is back w the restabishment? Please let the kid breathe.
But well, at least Brendan and Winston are finally together

message 11: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Yes!!!! I read Wednesday's and Thursday's in one go and here are my thoughts:

WHAT WHAT WHAT there's mind control???? WHAT?????
I've lost count of how many times Anderson has kidnapped J, seriously, LEARN PEOPLE!!
How is he not dead yet?

Warner. Oh when he wanted to sacrifice himself. I nearly cried.

I'm so worried about J.

message 12: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

P.S - I think we are in different time zones so we will be posting at different times XD

message 13: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Oh, and can I just say, reading chapters from Kenji's pov is soooooo refreshing. Like, he is one funny guy.

He and Nazeera are one funny (not yet) couple but we love them so much

message 14: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments I so totally agree w you on Kenji. Honestly, he has been my fave since we first met him in the series and he's such an amazing character and so underrated in my opinion. The way he narrates things is just amazing

message 15: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Friday's chapters!!!! Omg!!! What did Anderson do to J????? With her finger????? Valdi please help I'm freaking out.

Also, Warner is ruthless

message 16: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments I just read those chapters (friday's) and I'm thinking exactly the same! I was so so grossed out with the finger like NO STOP STOP NO NEED ugh. But the thing I'm most grossed out about is the fact that J feels attracted to Anderson like I'm so creeped out (even though i understand the reason behind it).

On another note, the lunch scene between Kenji and Warner was pure gold, and I'm so so happy Nazeera is back in the game!

message 17: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Saturday's chapters - shorter bc there were just some of Juliette's thoughts. Warner and Kenji are back to being friends again, and Nazeera is just a badass.

However I was very annoyed about Nouria, and how she wanted to kill J, like, please! Shut up.

message 18: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments Sunday's chapters- whew! So, I believe the Reestablishment is about to start that operation on J and Emmaline since Ibrahim ia taking her god know where. I just hope Nazeera, Kenji and Warner make it on time.

Also, who do you think was the person in the tank J found after the smoke? I think it could be Emmaline, but I'm mot sure because of the Valentina scene earlier in the book

message 19: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

A lot of questions...

Sunday's chapters - okay, so kinda nice to see someone stand up to Anderson, makes me think he's not the main gig runner here.
I'm not really even sure why they kidnapped Juliette in the first place, I mean, it's all just a bit confusing, isn't it?

message 20: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments yeah, I get what u mean about it being confusing. As far as I understood, they are going to switch Emmaline with J and transfer Emmaline's power so J is the new vessel? But things are so tangled I get a little lost 2

message 21: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Monday's chapters. OMG I almost cried. That scene between Warner and J though, when he was bringing her back (HA HA ANDERSON).

I should be finished by tomorrow, what about you?

message 22: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments hey, sorry I didn't comment earlier, but Monday's chapters???? what???? Anderson finally dead and J finally remembers thank God.

However, I'm a bit confused about the J remembering scene like, one second she is kissing Warner and all that jazz and suddenly she has a breakdown and removes a chip? from her arm???? like what did even happen? am i the only one a little bit confused?

message 23: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Yeah I was a bit as well, it seemed like whatever Anderson did, it wasn't good.

I finished the book today, and it was a nice ending, but it wasn't the climax I wanted. I felt like it was good closure for SOME of the characters. (We didn't even get to see the wedding!) but it wasn't my favourite out of the series

message 24: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments i finished too, and I agree w you. I do think this was a cute ending and the book overall is a good one, but not the best one. I feel like near the end Tahereh rushed things a little, and that's what I'm lacking

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.