Clean Romance Book Group. discussion

What are you doing over this time?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Ruby Rose | 1152 comments Mod
I know this is a book discussion group but I think that this would be something fun to just chat about.

I am raising 10 chicks at the moment, and I am currently learning dressage on horseback.

message 2: by Kacie (new)

Kacie | 149 comments awww you're raising chicks??? we just got 17 chicks in March. they're growing a lot but are still really young. so yeah I've been helping with chickens and rabbits and then reading. that's basically it. what's dressage? and that's so cool you get to ride a lot. i wish I could:(

message 3: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Baking and reading. My mom is going to teach me how to cross stitch I've also been going on lots of Bike rides with my siblings.

message 4: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Kacie wrote: "awww you're raising chicks??? we just got 17 chicks in March. they're growing a lot but are still really young. so yeah I've been helping with chickens and rabbits and then reading. that's basicall..."

Dressage is a fancey sport where you go through a pattern and keep tempo. You basically have to be the best at the pattern you are doing. Here is a video example... it is kinda hard to describe without a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD7cl...

message 5: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Becca da Romance Queen (becca_da_romance_queen) | 613 comments Mod
During this unfortunate time, I am using it to my advantage by reading as many books on my TBR list as possible. I am also mostly just chilling in my backyard with my family.

message 6: by Kacie (new)

Kacie | 149 comments Ruby wrote: "Kacie wrote: "awww you're raising chicks??? we just got 17 chicks in March. they're growing a lot but are still really young. so yeah I've been helping with chickens and rabbits and then reading. t..."

Ohhhh yeah!! I think i've seen that, or at least know what it is. That's so cool

message 7: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Kacie wrote: "Ruby wrote: "Kacie wrote: "awww you're raising chicks??? we just got 17 chicks in March. they're growing a lot but are still really young. so yeah I've been helping with chickens and rabbits and th..."

Yeah! I mean sometimes... when we aren't learning like hand positions and stuff.

message 8: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitlynreadskaitlyn) Ruby wrote: "Kacie wrote: "Ruby wrote: "Kacie wrote: "awww you're raising chicks??? we just got 17 chicks in March. they're growing a lot but are still really young. so yeah I've been helping with chickens and ..."

We hatched about 10 chicks, 5 turkeys, and we bought 2 geese. We bought 2 extra chicks to teach the turkeys to eat and drink because they aren’t very bright in the mind😂

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) | 148 comments Mod
Aww, that's so cute❤️!

Right now I am reading a whole lot and taking online creative writing courses - it is my dearest dream to become a writer 😉!

message 10: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Amanda wrote: "Aww, that's so cute❤️!

Right now I am reading a whole lot and taking online creative writing courses - it is my dearest dream to become a writer 😉!"

That's cool! I also want to be a writer :)

message 11: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

:( Me and my sister always talk about getting a brother chicken and a sister cow, lol

I live in a big city, so all farm animals are as foreign to me as phoenixes and unicorns! But love them 🐄🐥🐐🐖🐎❤️

message 13: by Kacie (new)

Kacie | 149 comments I live in a big city too but we're allowed to have chickens in my neighborhood:)

message 14: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

I know I already posted to this topic, but.....

Besides reading lots of books and chilling in my backyard, I am staying up late scrolling through GoodReads (bad habit) and reading till two AM

message 15: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Oh I wish! I fall asleep at 1 at latest. It is bad on my part but usually it is 11 but if I can't sleep then my body automatically goes to bed at 1ish it is weird.

message 16: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Same on the GR scrolling except I was rping so yep.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

the only thing interesting I'm doing is discovering young adult romance books♡

message 18: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Leah wrote: "♡Akhila ♡ wrote: "the only thing interesting I'm doing is discovering young adult romance books♡"

Yay! Tell us if you find any good ones!!! :)"

Yes!

message 19: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Part of me wants virtual school to be over, so I can read all day, but the other part of me wants it to go on till actual school can start again. I've gotten so used to this routine and this whole thing makes me very sad:(, but books make my day!

message 20: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Yes. Definitely.

message 21: by Aulia (new)

Aulia  Yudawan (auliayudawan) | 2 comments I am dancing in the Just Dance Now app and continue reading books

message 22: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Yes! I love Just Dance, but I am not a good dancer. I did ballet for a year but it was too slow and have done horse stuff since! Yes! And definitely keep reading!

message 23: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

That's cool! I took ballet one year too (kindergarten), then I decided I wanted to do my own moves (lol), so I quit.

message 24: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Yeah, part of my resoning as well.

message 25: by Cat (new)

Cat Carstairs | 4 comments I've been trying to read more over quarantine, but my high school gave me so much virtual work it was insane. I've been painting, cleaning, learning new piano songs, marathoning Disney movies, practicing kickboxing, and exercising. My high school is huge and every day I would have to walk really far through campus, so that was all the exercise I really did. Now, I have all this time and I've been doing a lot of Chloe Ting ;)

message 26: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (last edited May 28, 2020 09:31AM) (new)

Nice! I have been dragging on my exercise. It's bad.

message 27: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Yes.

message 28: by Lilli Gilliam (new)

Lilli Gilliam | 225 comments I have close to 500 books on my read shelf that I still want to rate! ((don't ask. I like to rate ALL my books))

message 29: by Macy (new)

Macy (maggieviolet) | 122 comments Same! I like rating and reviewing books

message 30: by Kacie (new)

Kacie | 149 comments I love rating books, but i have a hard time reviewing them, so my reviews are rare and more ranting than not lol

message 31: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I always rate unless I am super tired, hated the book (because than yes I just rant), or I am super busy. But most the time I rate the books! I think it is actually quite fun!

message 32: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

I decided that I'm going to be writing reviews for EVERY book that I read this year, rating is kinda boring for me because I usually just rate most of my books 5 stars. I'm just going through all of my books and sorting them into shelves :)

message 33: by Macy (new)

Macy (maggieviolet) | 122 comments Becca da wrote: "I decided that I'm going to be writing reviews for EVERY book that I read this year, rating is kinda boring for me because I usually just rate most of my books 5 stars. I'm just going through all o..."

It's so satisfying to have everything sorted by shelves and stuff on gr

Yes!!
I'm doing a lot of writing nowadays, short stories and stuff! They're not very good...

message 35: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

I'm sure they are! Maybe you could share one...?

Sure!! I'm flattered you'd like to read them ☺️! I've written a few stories on Goodreads creative writing, here's my favourite:
https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...
It's a bit long - 7 chapters - so you don't have to read it all!!

message 37: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Ok, thanks!

message 38: by Kacie (new)

Kacie | 149 comments I'm going to Arizona for the next few weeks to visit my aunt! she's a librarian so she can bring me all the books i want:p

Kacie wrote: "I'm going to Arizona for the next few weeks to visit my aunt! she's a librarian so she can bring me all the books i want:p"

I hope you enjoy it 😊!

message 40: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Kacie wrote: "I'm going to Arizona for the next few weeks to visit my aunt! she's a librarian so she can bring me all the books i want:p"

Lucky... I know my mom is a book collector but still.

message 41: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

OMG that book is so good! I am going to make a spot where people can share their writing and get feedback and/or just share it.

message 42: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

OO yay! I am actually writing a book right now! I still haven't read Amanda's book, but I will definitely do it right now!

message 43: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I am as well though it is not very good. I can post the first page on a spot if you all want to see it and give me feedback...

message 44: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Okay!!

message 45: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Nervewracking.....

message 46: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Done.

message 47: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Hello! Does anyone else have anything fun they are doing for the summer?

message 48: by River ❤️ (new)

River ❤️ | 63 comments Well rn I am currently in Jasper National Park having a great time enjoying the beautiful scenery that God created for us

I love national parks! Nature is definitely one of God's greatest creations 🌲❤️!

Now I'm reading Night Circus and trying not to think about the looooong To-do list waiting for me... (AHHH!)

message 50: by ~tea~ (new)

~tea~ (tina_does) | 35 comments I’m trying to get caught up on school because I’m like a grade behind on everything soo yeh... I’m also going to start learning Italian because school, and I went to Italy like 5 years ago and I just fell in love with everything there so I want to have it as my 2nd language. And I’m going to try giving the Lord of The Rings another shot because I’ve tried to get through the first book 3 times but failed. So hopefully I can grind through it!

« previous 1