What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

An Instance of the Fingerpost
This topic is about An Instance of the Fingerpost
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical crime + medieval England, related to early days of medicine incl. Blood circulation. Black cover with white or red title scrolled across like written with a quill, with small drawing of a skull as a feather in between lines of title. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurent (last edited May 17, 2020 08:32AM) (new)

Laurent Rivalin | 5 comments title something like "the ___ of (the?) ___" i think. Historical novel, crime (?) Investigation in england at the time of the birth of medicine, with specifically references to the discovery of blood circulation...if i remember well, it has a bearing on the story (used in some form of forensic way?).
I read it in the late 1990s, possibly 1996-9
The cover (i think it was the first edition) was black, with the titled scrolled in white or red over the height of the cover, with in between lines small drawings of i think a skull, and a feather.

message 2: by Kris (last edited May 17, 2020 08:18AM) (new) - added it

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Laurent, that's a start but you need to add genre (e.g., historical crime novel) and plot details (include the cover description) to the topic header (title). We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header to update it. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.) Then we can re-open the thread.

- The title is something like "The _____ of (the?) _____"?

message 3: by Kris (new) - added it

Thanks for the updating the topic header. This will help moderators and searchers. Re-opening thread.

message 4: by Laurent (new)

Laurent Rivalin | 5 comments thank you!

message 5: by Dave (new)

Dave Wegner | 12 comments Pretty sure that's An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain Pears.

message 6: by Laurent (new)

Laurent Rivalin | 5 comments I remembered!!! "An instance of the fingerpost" by Iain Pears.

message 7: by Kris (new) - added it

Glad you found your book, Laurent. Here's the link for Dave's find - An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain Pears.

message 8: by Laurent (new)

Laurent Rivalin | 5 comments Dave wrote: "Pretty sure that's An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain Pears."

Thanks Dave! I think i had the flash at the same time as you!! It was the first whole book i read in english (not my first language) aged 18! 😊

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

An Instance of the Fingerpost (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Iain Pears (other topics)