What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds (Alacrity FitzHugh & Hobart Floyt, #1)
This topic is about Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. An Earthman is invited to a will reading on another planet and he inherits a spaceship. The Earth is a totalitarian government. This book would have been written between the 1950's and 1970? [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Collett (ttelloc) | 3 comments Im looking for an old scifi book that I cant remember the author or Title of...The plot involves a earthman who is a geneaologist. He is invited to a will reading on another planet and he inherits a spaceship. The Earth is a totalitarian government and has one Executioner for the whole planet. This book would have been written between the 1950's and 1970? Anyone know this book? I probably read this 20 years ago from a neighbors collection.

message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 475 comments Maybe Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds by Brian Daley? I haven't read it, but it's about a human who has to travel to another planet for a will reading.

message 3: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Collett (ttelloc) | 3 comments Peter wrote: "Maybe Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds by Brian Daley? I haven't read it, but it's about a human who has to travel to another planet for a will reading."

I believe this is it! Thank you

message 4: by Kris (last edited May 20, 2020 04:35PM) (new)

Kris | 33271 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds by Brian Daley - Peter's find:

https://books.google.com/books?id=cOr...

Quotes: "I am Citizen Ash. Earth's executioner." | "Citizen Floyd, your hobby is genealogy," Bear began. "You're quite knowledgeable about Terran and offworld lineages and histories."

message 5: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Collett (ttelloc) | 3 comments I read this book maybe 20 yrs ago? Thank you so much...funny how a story sticks in your mind...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Brian Daley (other topics)