The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2020 > 10.3 - This is CNN

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4933 comments Mod
10.3 - This is CNN

On June 1, 1980 The Cable News Network, TV's first all-news service, went on the air.
Read a NONFICTION book that includes the letters CNN, at least one C and two Ns, in the title and/or subtitle.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This help thread is open.

message 5: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2578 comments Again I have a book that fits but it doesn't have any tags or MPG it is definitely non-fiction can i have The World's 20 Worst Crimes: True Stories of 20 Killers and Their 1000 Victims approved for NOn-fiction

message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17878 comments Mod
Marie (UK) wrote: "Again I have a book that fits but it doesn't have any tags or MPG it is definitely non-fiction can i have [book:The World's 20 Worst Crimes: True Stories of 20 Killers and Their 1000 Victims|159099..."

There is only 1 N.
The task doesn't require a genre- just that it be nonfiction

message 7: by Marie (UK) (last edited May 16, 2020 01:54PM) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2578 comments in my copy twenty is written as a word The World's Twenty Worst Crimes - True Stories of 10 Killers and Their 3000 Victims which would give it the 2 N's in title and or sibtitle I must have linked to another edition

message 8: by Dlmrose (new)

Marie (UK) wrote: "in my copy twenty is written as a word The World's Twenty Worst Crimes - True Stories of 10 Killers and Their 3000 Victims which would give it the 2 N's in title and or sibtitle I m..."

It's 20 on the cover.
The librarian's manual states
"The title should match the title shown on the cover of the book"

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 956 comments Do poetry books qualify as nonfiction? As a librarian, I'm used to having them shelved in the 800s (Dewey), so think of them that way.

message 10: by Dlmrose (new)

Kathy wrote: "Do poetry books qualify as nonfiction? As a librarian, I'm used to having them shelved in the 800s (Dewey), so think of them that way."

Some creative nonfiction may be in poetic form, but the Dewey classification does not make poetry nonfiction.

message 11: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 679 comments Life on a Coral Atoll: Australia's Cocos (Keeling) Islands is a NF book...but since it has no ratings yet...it has no MPGs listed yet. Can I still use it here?

message 12: by Dlmrose (new)

Ed wrote: "Life on a Coral Atoll: Australia's Cocos (Keeling) Islands is a NF book...but since it has no ratings yet...it has no MPGs listed yet. Can I still use it here?"

Yes, the task does not require the genre.