What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Trace of Memory
This topic is about A Trace of Memory
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Old pulp sci-fi book about traveling to Mars after finding secrets under Stonehenge. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josh (last edited May 15, 2020 08:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josh Rhoades (joshrhoades) | 7 comments I read this book when I was a kid, and I think it was a 60s/70s pulp sci-fi book (I remember the battered paperback having the look of that).

It was about a guy who found some secret, found a door under Stonehenge, got trapped somewhere and I specifically remember he gets taken prisoner (some shadowy group out to get him) and there was a double-paned glass window that he wedges matches or something into a hole after he managed to get a screw out, with a torn t-shirt for batting, and smacks it with the heel of his shoe and basically makes the window explode so he can escape. And he somehow ends up on Mars, but Mars has all these old ruins, or treasure? It was a strange book and I only remember certain parts, I kind of remember it was maybe a hard-boiled first-person style, but not certain.

I think, at the beginning, he had found some Martian (I think he didn’t know this) tech or docs (?) under Stonehenge and used that to make himself rich by “inventing” all these things, but then years later got the attention of some bad people and then abducted and somehow ended up on a strange Mars?

message 2: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joananana) | 21 comments Published in the 80s, but could it be Icehenge?

Josh Rhoades (joshrhoades) | 7 comments Thanks, Joanna, but that’s not it unfortunately.

message 4: by Genesistrine (new)

Genesistrine | 379 comments A Trace of Memory by Keith Laumer?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Josh Rhoades (joshrhoades) | 7 comments That’s it! Thanks so much, Genesistrine!

message 6: by Genesistrine (new)

Genesistrine | 379 comments Josh wrote: "That’s it! Thanks so much, Genesistrine!"

Glad to help!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Icehenge (other topics)