Play Book Tag discussion

Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever, #1)
This topic is about Better Nate Than Ever
May 2020: Comedy > (Poll Ballot) Better Nate than Ever by Tim Federle - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2220 comments Thirteen-year-old Nate Foster has big dreams; he wants to be a Broadway star. His best friend Libby, who shares Nate's love of all things Broadway musical, informs Nate that there is a casting call for "E.T. the Musical" and Nate knows in his heart that he is meant to play young Eliot, ET's human friend. Libby and Nate plan an elaborate escape from Nate's Jankburg, Pennsylvania, home so that Nate can head to New York and land that role. With a few dollars in his pocket and a one-way bus ticket to NYC, Nate sets out on his own. The casting call is overwhelming to Nate but he gives it his all and is stunned when he gets a call-back. Unfortunately, he needs to be on the next bus back to PA before his parents realize he is gone. Will Nate choose the allure of the Great White Way or the certain wrath of his parents if he does not return in time?

Nate is one charming little guy with a heart of gold and an extreme lack of worldliness. His quest is funny and courageous with many a misstep along the way. I will definitely read the next book.

annapi | 5073 comments I liked this one, glad to see you enjoyed it too! I thought all three books in the series were well done.