THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > A total lunatic is spamming my book's page with numerous sock puppet accounts.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 1 comments I don't know where you got the idea that I'm the one running a campaign to bash your book but you are dead wrong. I have never created a list other than one called books set in wisconsin. As for the picture in my avatar that's my grandson. You are a seriously messed up person and really need to get your story straight. I am reporting you for harassment.

message 2: by lethe (last edited May 26, 2020 02:35PM) (new)

lethe Karma wrote: ".
For those who are still wondering, I have confirmed that, yes, JACOB ACERBI HAS BEEN SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY FROM GOODREADS.

The allegations of astroturfing this site with sockpuppet accounts..."

He is still a Goodreads Author though?

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe Jacob_Acerbi_Fake_Reviews wrote: "lethe wrote: "He is still a Goodreads Author though?..."

GoodReads doesn't actually delete pages, it just locks the offending user out. But in this case, this works against Jacob as it serves as a..."

I have seen plenty of badly behaving authors who lost their Goodreads Author status after having been reported.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe With 103 books on their shelves, 69 ratings and 3 reviews including a 1-star rating for J.A.'s book, I think their account is legit.

I'm guessing J.A. was suspended temporarily. We'll have to wait and see.

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe He has not been banned: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Banned authors lose their Goodreads Author status.