The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2020 > 15.4 - A Record Setting Leading Performer

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited May 16, 2020 04:27AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4543 comments Mod
15.4 - A Record Setting Leading Performer
Katherine Hepburn set a record setting (for any gender) four Academy Awards for leading performance, along with eight additional nominations.

Option 1:
Book 1 - read a book with a word in the title/subtitle that matches a word from Hepburn's Filmography. Only the names of films can be used - not plays in which she performed. The word must be at least 3 letters, and the words "the" and "and" cannot be used. Words must match exactly.
AND
Book 2 - read a book written by a female author.

Option 2:
Read 1 book that satisfies the requirements for both books 1 and 2 of option 1.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This thread is now open!

message 5: by Aprilleigh (last edited May 16, 2020 08:43AM) (new)

Aprilleigh (aprilleighlauer) | 1055 comments Are we restricted to that specific list, which doesn't include all her filmwork, or may we use any film she's appeared in?

The complete list of feature films is found here. There are separate lists for television films and documentaries, so it's easy to exclude those if needed (although one of the television films is included in the partial list).

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15876 comments Mod
Aprilleigh wrote: "Are we restricted to that specific list, which doesn't include all her filmwork, or may we use any film she's appeared in?

The complete list of feature films is found here. There are separate list..."

stick to the given list, please

message 7: by Aprilleigh (new)

Aprilleigh (aprilleighlauer) | 1055 comments Sandy wrote: "Aprilleigh wrote: "Are we restricted to that specific list, which doesn't include all her filmwork, or may we use any film she's appeared in?

The complete list of feature films is found here. Ther..."

Works for me. Thanks.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2976 comments I am thinkingof usingthis for Lion in Winter, Lioness Rampant
Would you accept Lioness for Lion?

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15876 comments Mod
Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "I am thinkingof usingthis for Lion in Winter, Lioness Rampant
Would you accept Lioness for Lion?"

Sorry, no. As the task states, the words must match exactly.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2976 comments Ok, i will pick something else