What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Battery operated surgical knife?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeff (new)

Jeff S. | 3 comments I remember there was knife that capable of being used in a surgery. It ran on a battery and didn't damage any surrounding tissue when it was used. There was literally no bleeding during a heart surgery. It was very unique. One time when it was used it actually killed the patient because its battery was dead. No one had checked on that.

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee Kuivinen | 24 comments "The Little Black Bag" by Cyril M. Kornbluth, perhaps

message 3: by Kris (last edited May 15, 2020 12:27PM) (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Jeff, that's a good start but you need to add genre (e.g., science fiction? thriller? non-fiction?) and plot details to the topic header (title). We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header to update it. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

- Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help us narrow down the search.

message 4: by Jeff (new)

Jeff S. | 3 comments Lee wrote: ""The Little Black Bag" by Cyril M. Kornbluth, perhaps"
That's it! Oh, my goodness. Thank you! I read it in Junior High. It might have been required for English. This was around 1984, so I really don't remember. My son is not a reader, but my sketchy summations of past books I read at his age intrigue him. He wants to pick up a book! The problem is I don't remember the names! Again, thank you.

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5099 comments That was a Night Gallery episode! It's in Rod Serling's Night Gallery Reader.

message 6: by Jeff (new)

Jeff S. | 3 comments Now that I don't recall, but I didn't watch Night Gallery much, either. Now you got me wanting to track down that episode, though!