The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2020 > Genre Verification Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4542 comments Mod
This thread is for "marking" a book genre. It is not for assigning genres - only for locking in genres that currently appear on the book's main page.

The verifications in this thread apply only to the Summer 2020 challenge - they do not carry over to future challenges and genre verifications from the past challenges do not carry forward - verifications are only applicable to the current challenge.

A book need only be verified once in the thread - then it can be used by any participant in the Summer 2020 challenge.

Please do not post task-specific questions here ("is this cover green enough?") and other such questions.

If you are planning to use a book for a genre task and fear that the genre may disappear, post a link to the book in this thread. We will not "lock in" the lack of a childrens or kids genre on the main page.

When you post your book, if the genres have changed, just link to the post in this thread in which it was verified and you'll be good to go.

Because of the volume of verification requests in this thread, I will not be trying to compile any sort of master lists. If the book you are using does not have the required genre at the time of posting, but has been verified in this thread, please link to the post in which it was verified in your completed task posting. If the book you are posting still has the genre on the main page, there is no need to refer to any posts here or in other help threads - if it's there on the main page, you're all set.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 659 comments Can I get Lair of Dreams confirmed for "Mystery"?

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15866 comments Mod
Emily wrote: "Can I get Lair of Dreams confirmed for "Mystery"?"

genre noted

message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea | 3924 comments Please verify MPG = Scotland for The Winter Sea. Currently it is last on the list.

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Bea wrote: "Please verify MPG = Scotland for The Winter Sea. Currently it is last on the list."

genre noted

message 6: by Bea (new)

Bea | 3924 comments Sandy wrote: "Bea wrote: "Please verify MPG = Scotland for The Winter Sea. Currently it is last on the list."

genre noted"

Thank you.

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily | 659 comments Can I get Cockroaches verified for "Thriller"?

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Emily wrote: "Can I get Cockroaches verified for "Thriller"?"

noted

message 9: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 2076 comments Please verify Gaslight Grimoire: Fantastic Tales of Sherlock Holmes for Genre>Short Stories

Thanks

message 10: by Sandy (new)

Deedee wrote: "Please verify Gaslight Grimoire: Fantastic Tales of Sherlock Holmes for Genre>Short Stories

Thanks"

noted

message 11: by Judy (new)

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Judy wrote: "Please verify Fer-de-Lance for Thriller>Mystery Thriller

What It's Like to Be a Bird: From Flying to Nesting, Eating to Singing--What Birds Are Doing, and Why for Anim..."

both noted

message 13: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1691 comments Please verify Message from Malaga for Thriller (7 users)

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Julia wrote: "Please verify Message from Malaga for Thriller (7 users)"

noted

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7582 comments Can I get Hollie Porter Builds a Raft for humor? It’s on the bottom of the list right now with 5ppl

message 16: by Sandy (new)

Dee wrote: "Can I get Hollie Porter Builds a Raft for humor? It’s on the bottom of the list right now with 5ppl"

noted

message 17: by Tess (new)

Tess (tessavanessa) | 1307 comments Can I get Into the Dark for thriller?

message 18: by Sandy (new)

Tess wrote: "Can I get Into the Dark for thriller?"

noted

message 19: by Kristen (new)

Kristen IA (kristenia) | 707 comments Please verify Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup for the genre "Science."

Thanks!

message 20: by Sandy (new)

Kristen wrote: "Please verify Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup for the genre "Science."

Thanks!"

noted

message 21: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Can I have Fragments of the Lost verified for Thriller, please?

message 22: by Sandy (new)

Sally wrote: "Can I have Fragments of the Lost verified for Thriller, please?"

noted

message 23: by Cat (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 2274 comments Can you verify Monstrous Regiment for Humour please?

message 24: by Sandy (new)

Cat wrote: "Can you verify Monstrous Regiment for Humour please?"

noted

message 25: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 1688 comments Please verify Meditations for History.

message 26: by Sandy (new)

Karen Michele wrote: "Please verify Meditations for History."

noted

message 27: by Cat (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 2274 comments quick fingers crossed request: Travel for The Jetsetters (I suspect it will vanish soon!)

message 28: by Sandy (new)

Cat wrote: "quick fingers crossed request: Travel for The Jetsetters (I suspect it will vanish soon!)"

it's there!

message 29: by Cat (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 2274 comments Sandy wrote: "Cat wrote: "quick fingers crossed request: Travel for The Jetsetters (I suspect it will vanish soon!)"

it's there!"

Yay! That's a win! It seems like I have more high value places to put this that I first thought :)

message 30: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 1688 comments I would like Measure for Measure approved for humor, please.

message 31: by Sandy (new)

Karen Michele wrote: "I would like Measure for Measure approved for humor, please."

genre noted

message 32: by Cat (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 2274 comments can you verify Fable for Romance please

message 33: by Sandy (new)

Cat wrote: "can you verify Fable for Romance please"

genre noted

message 34: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 2076 comments Please verify An Affair of Poisons for Romance. Thanks!

message 35: by Sandy (new)

Deedee wrote: "Please verify An Affair of Poisons for Romance. Thanks!"

genre noted

message 36: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 70 comments Please verify Infected MPG Horror>Zombies (last on list)

message 37: by Sandy (new)

Suzanne wrote: "Please verify Infected MPG Horror>Zombies (last on list)"

genre noted

message 38: by Brooke (last edited Jul 07, 2020 01:09PM) (new)

Brooke | 1419 comments Can I get The Anatomist's Wife verified for Thriller?

message 39: by Sandy (new)

Brooke wrote: "Can I get The Anatomist's Wife verified for Thriller?"

genre noted

message 40: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1691 comments Please verify The Case of the Not-So-Nice Nurse for Humor (17 users)

message 41: by Sandy (new)

Julia wrote: "Please verify The Case of the Not-So-Nice Nurse for Humor (17 users)"

genre noted

message 42: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7582 comments Bones of the Lost- thriller - there are like 97ppl who have shelved that way but only 4 genres showing and this is at the bottom of the list

message 43: by Sandy (new)

Dee wrote: "Bones of the Lost- thriller - there are like 97ppl who have shelved that way but only 4 genres showing and this is at the bottom of the list"

genre noted

message 44: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7582 comments can i please get The Relentless Moon locked in for science fiction?

message 45: by Sandy (new)

Dee wrote: "can i please get The Relentless Moon locked in for science fiction?"

genre noted

message 46: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1691 comments Please verify The Secret Adversary for Thriller

message 47: by Sandy (new)

Julia wrote: "Please verify The Secret Adversary for Thriller"

genre noted

message 48: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Hi! Can I please have Too Much: How Victorian Constraints Still Bind Women Today verified for History?

message 49: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1691 comments Please verify How to Be an Antiracist for History

message 50: by Sandy (new)

Sally wrote: "Hi! Can I please have Too Much: How Victorian Constraints Still Bind Women Today verified for History?"

noted

« previous 1