Tome Time discussion

Red Rising (Red Rising Saga, #1)
This topic is about Red Rising
Red Rising: Pierce Brown > Read: Chapter 6

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (last edited May 14, 2020 01:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen (karenharding) | 233 comments Mod
Read to the end of Chapter 6 by 16/05/20.

Leave your insights and comments below

Sarah (calypte) | 84 comments I'm so confused with the timeline. What happened to the 22nd? Why is chapter 44 in twice? What about today?

message 3: by Karen (last edited May 15, 2020 05:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I’ve removed the duplicate chapter 44, and there is no 22nd as that is a Friday.

Sarah (calypte) | 84 comments Ah, so we're not doing Fridays? Fair 'nuff! Hadn't realised.

Sarah (calypte) | 84 comments (PS sorry, didn't mean to sound... at all! I appreciate your efforts greatly :))

Sarah wrote: "Ah, so we're not doing Fridays? Fair 'nuff! Hadn't realised."

Generally I give Thursdays a slightly smaller page count where possible, as much of that evening is dedicated to NaNoWriMo, and Friday’s we have a full day of work, followed by 5:30pm - 11:30pm for Family Night, so as there are not more than a few minutes to read on Fridays I give larger chapter portions to Saturday and Sunday. You can always get a head start on the weekend chapters if you are doing your own stuff on a Friday evening. :D

The world building in this is fantastic, with the language, and the gradual expansion in the first few chapters. A little sad about the fate of Eo, who was the first kick ass female rebellious character we have had in a while, but the clear inciting incident has been thrown, so I’m looking forward to see how act 2 will follow this, especially considering the fate of Darrow.