A Court of Books and Magic ✧・゚: * discussion

Series > An Ember in the Ashes

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥ (judeduartegreenbriar) | 588 comments Mod
I still haven't read book 2 yet...

message 2: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

Lucy Tonks | 1157 comments Mod
you have to!! i read book a reaper at the gates in january or february and it is so good, this series is amazing and i cam't wait for book 4!

message 3: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

Lucy Tonks | 1157 comments Mod
i meant can't ops

message 4: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥ (judeduartegreenbriar) | 588 comments Mod
I will do I'm excited to find out what happens XXD

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) This series for me is interesting. The first 2 books were great but I just felt disconnected from the 3rd. But I hope the 4th is amazing.

message 6: by ❀ Rose ❀ (new)

❀ Rose ❀ (rosebooks) | 9 comments This has been on my TBR for literally ever

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite is the first book because we got that amazing world-building, but I didn't like the third book. But because of that insane plot twist, I really need the fourth book just to see what happens to my precious characters

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) AspiringAuthor wrote: "My favorite is the first book because we got that amazing world-building, but I didn't like the third book. But because of that insane plot twist, I really need the fourth book just to see what hap..."

same book 3 felt weird, hopefully book 4 is good but I don't even remember half the stuff that happened

message 9: by Karro (new)

Karro Herondale (karroherondale) | 143 comments The thing I think was the main reason I didn't like the third book as much as the others, was of the person Elias became. This whatever-it-is-called-in-english that takes care of all souls (I read it in swedish ok ok). I just liked mortal Elias better. Especially since he lost all his humanity and feelings in the end.
But I do adore this series!

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) True! And in English it’s called soul catcher!

message 11: by Karro (new)

Karro Herondale (karroherondale) | 143 comments aaaah thanks!

message 12: by shi ❦ (new)

shi ❦ (bloomingsouls) | 17 comments I'm reading the first book right now and am 51% through!

message 13: by Spriya (new)

Spriya | 242 comments I really liked the first book, but I just couldn't connect with the second or third.
I didn't like the whole Elias thing, but what really made me not like ARatG was the whole tone of despair in the book.
I feel like every book needs a good counterbalance, and 3 didn't have that. There were no good things that happened that counterbalanced all the war and drama.
I gave the series 3 stars so far solely for Helene, and my favorite ship is Helene and Avitas.
Whether I like this series or not depends on book 4.