Marvel fan club discussion

Arguments and Questions > Who is the most powerful of the six original Avengers?

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 156 comments Mod
Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, or Hulk?

message 2: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) | 120 comments Mod
Thor

message 3: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 156 comments Mod
Thor is really powerful, but Hulk literally can’t die. Maybe he’s not as strong as Thor, but he’s definitely more invincible.

message 4: by Tj (new)

Tj (hewhoreads548) | 22 comments Thor is the most powerful (Remember the scenen in Ragnarok when Odin said "You are not as strong as me, You are stronger")If Thor is stronger than the strongest god...Then of course he is the strongst Avenger.

message 5: by Amelie (new)

Amelie It would be Thor or Hulk, but I’m leaning towards Thor. Hulk is still a mortal after all, unlike Thor, and when they fought each other in Ragnarok, Thor appeared to be winning and could have beat Hulk if the Grandmaster didn’t interfere.

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) It depends on what you mean by "powerful". If you think about it, they're all equally powerful in different ways.

Iron Man: Intellectual power
Captain America: Physical power
Thor: Physical power
Black Widow: Intellectual power
Hawkeye: Intellectual power
Hulk: Physical power

message 7: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 156 comments Mod
Hawkeye is definitely not the strongest. He’s just a regular person who’s got good aim.

message 8: by Jia ♥ (new)

Oh yea

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) He's not the strongest physically, but he's supportive and without him, the team would fall apart. Plus, in Age of Ultron, he was the only one who was able to avoid Wanda's mind tricks.

message 10: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 156 comments Mod
Technically iron man is strong physically AND intellectually but he’s still not as strong as Thor or Hulk even with the suit. He might be able to beat Captain America with the suit, but I think even Hawkeye could beat him without it. Tony is just a guy, but Hawkeye is a trained S.H.I.E.L.D agent.

message 11: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Yeah. But, in my perspective, I consider them all to be equals.

message 12: by Jia ♥ (new)

Well I mean the question is a who is the most powerful not who is the nicest or who holds the team together. And did you see Thor in Ragnaroak?

message 13: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Yes, but as I said earlier, powerful can have different meanings.

message 14: by Jia ♥ (new)

Well in this case it means like strong

message 15: by Jia ♥ (new)

And mighty

message 16: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 156 comments Mod
Should we make a who would win topic?

message 17: by Hayden (new)

Hayden | 104 comments Mod
Thor

message 18: by Jia ♥ (new)

Ya Hayden gets it

message 19: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) I get it. However, I still think of them as equals.

message 20: by sid (new)

sid (icarusxfallss) | 11 comments Same I think they’re all powerful in one way or another!

message 21: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 156 comments Mod
Guys. Should we have a who would win topic?

message 22: by Jia ♥ (new)

Ya

message 23: by ObsidianSniper (new)

ObsidianSniper (protect18) ya! that be cool

message 24: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 156 comments Mod
ok

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

thor is the powerfullest ( i dont think powerfullest is a word...)

message 26: by Jia ♥ (new)

Ya u r right about both of those lol

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

haha

message 28: by Charlene (new)

Charlene  Turner: KINGDOM KEEPER | 44 comments Cap because he can channel lightning through Mjolnir and he has that super strength, metabolism, healing ETC....

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Charlene wrote: "Cap because he can channel lightning through Mjolnir and he has that super strength, metabolism, healing ETC...."

TRUEEE, for sure cap

message 30: by Hayden (new)

Hayden | 104 comments Mod
He shouldn’t be able to use lightning Thor can only use lightning with the hammer because he is the god of thunder

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hayden wrote: "He shouldn’t be able to use lightning Thor can only use lightning with the hammer because he is the god of thunder"

*gasp* ALSO TRUEEE

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Tony is definitely the richest of them.

message 33: by Charlene (new)

Charlene  Turner: KINGDOM KEEPER | 44 comments yeah

message 34: by katherine (new)

katherine (anonymous_penguin) | 7 comments I think probably Thor or Hulk. It's definitely not Black Widow or Hawkeye, that's for sure. They have their own good qualities, but they're not the most powerful. Hulk could beat Cap in a fight, like I just don't really see Cap standing against him. Iron Man with his suits maybe? But in Ultron when they fought, Tony really relied on his surroundings to beat Hulk. If you put them like, in an arena, I feel like Hulk might win? And Thor can definitely stand his own against Hulk. I mean, I can see Thor beating Cap with his powers, and even though in Avengers Thor's lightning only charged Tony's suit, I feel like he could still win against him. But among Thor and Hulk, I don't know. I think if the Grandmaster hadn't interfered in their fight Thor would have come out on top, definitely, but could he win 10/10 times? Or at least like 8/10?

message 35: by ObsidianSniper (new)

ObsidianSniper (protect18) i think hulk. he has tried to kill himself but that didn't work

Z ||Frypans, who knew!|| (spn_fan) | 2 comments Wanda maximoff

message 37: by ObsidianSniper (new)

ObsidianSniper (protect18) well sadly she ain't from the origonal six. but yes she is porb the most powerfull

message 38: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy I think maybe thor but hulk could be fine too

Queen Jenna the III (will-herondale) I say Thor of Black Widow because Black Widow spolier: (view spoiler)