2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
This topic is about A Merciful Secret
8 views
A Merciful Secret > Question M

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4882 comments Mod
Mercy lost her cabin. How did that make you feel?


Robin (robinmy) | 974 comments I felt really bad for her since she put so much time and money into it. I was sure the barn was also going to burn before the end of the book. Glad it didn't.


Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 653 comments I think I was bereft on her behalf. It will be interesting to see if owning that property will be as important to her, or if people will get in to her time and energy more than being a closet prepper.


Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4882 comments Mod
Bereft is a perfect word for my feelings, too. I hated this aspect of the story after having become so invested in what Mercy had created and shared. I’m sure there’s some purpose but for right now, I’m still sad. Yes, I’m happy the barn was saved, though as that’s where her supplies were stored.


Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1409 comments Initially I felt sad for Mercy; all her hard work up in flames. She has most of her supplies so she isn't starting from scratch. Also, the more I think about it working with Truman and Kaylie to rebuild will bring them all closer together; more of a family.

I wonder if her family will come to her aid too. If I remember correctly, her father knows about the cabin. I think it was the first book, where he mentioned it with pride.


Robin (robinmy) | 974 comments I was surprised that Mercy's family wasn't at the burned out cabin at the end of the book (when she went back to see the damage). I actually thought they'd be clearing up the mess to get ready for rebuilding.


Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1409 comments Robin wrote: "I was surprised that Mercy's family wasn't at the burned out cabin at the end of the book (when she went back to see the damage). I actually thought they'd be clearing up the mess to get ready for ..."

I was surprised about that too. Hopefully they will be there to help in a future book. Even if her father doesn't help, I hope the rest will.


Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 579 comments Maybe the burning of the cabin signals a new direction in Mercy's life. She isn't alone anymore and Kaylie and Truman probably fill a void that she didn't even realise she had. Maybe it will ease her prepper anxieties also.


Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1409 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Maybe the burning of the cabin signals a new direction in Mercy's life. She isn't alone anymore and Kaylie and Truman probably fill a void that she didn't even realise she had. Maybe it will ease h..."

I don't think her prepper anxiety will ease. It is a way of life. I do think that rebuilding with Truman will make them closer and feel a part of the same goal.


Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 579 comments Sharon wrote: "Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Maybe the burning of the cabin signals a new direction in Mercy's life. She isn't alone anymore and Kaylie and Truman probably fill a void that she didn't even realise ..."

Yes, I think she will always be a prepper. I meant that being in a loving, supportive relationship with Truman and being Kaylie's Guardian may expand her world so she can life a fuller life rather than fixating on prepping only.


Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1409 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Maybe the burning of the cabin signals a new direction in Mercy's life. She isn't alone anymore and Kaylie and Truman probably fill a void that she didn'..."

Good point


back to top