2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
This topic is about A Merciful Secret
A Merciful Secret > Question K

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5343 comments Mod
Gabriel killed his father and Olivia and would have murdered Salome and Morrigan. Do you think Christian knew that when he refused to shoot him when he had the first opportunity? Did you understand his hesitancy or did that make you question his decision at the time?

message 2: by Robin (last edited May 12, 2020 06:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin (robinmy) | 1124 comments I could understand Christian hesitating to kill his brother. Maybe he thought he could rescue Salome and Morrigan, then talk Gabriel into laying down the guns. Shooting someone is always a last resort. But in this case we knew that Gabriel wasn't going to stop until someone shot him.

I understood it but Christian had to know at that point how many people Gabriel had killed. It was a terrible risk he took and Mercy almost paid the ultimate price for that. He also destroyed her home and Christian needs to step up there and help with compensation.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1611 comments I understand Christian's inability to kill Gabriel. I think that Christian believed that he could reason with him. It is foolish, because Gabriel was on a murder spree, there is no way to reason with a person like that.

Also, Gabriel is his mother's favorite. I can't help but think, if Christian killed him, his whole family would be lost. I agree Christian needs to offer some compensation to Mercy. Can an FBI agent accept it if offered?

Well, considering his family caused it, I think maybe. She could sue his estate.

Robin (robinmy) | 1124 comments You guys are right. Christian should offer to help replace Mercy's cabin and contents.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1611 comments I thought about this a little last night. Christian could happen by when Mercy is there working and pitch in. That would be more of neighborly assistance and not against any FBI rules. If he brings some construction workers with him that will make him even more neighborly.

I love how you’re thinking about this😏

message 9: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited May 26, 2020 06:47PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 640 comments Probably killing another human being is harder than you think especially if you are a person who has not had any violence or even had anything to do with guns in your life. And being your brother would add a whole other dimension. Even when it seemed obvious that Gabriel had lost touch with reality, Christian was probably thinking he could still get him help.

I'm sure Christian would help with the rebuilding of Mercy's cabin. It is mentioned that he is mega wealthy and is a good guy through out the book.