2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
This topic is about A Merciful Secret
A Merciful Secret > Question G

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5076 comments Mod
Michael Brody, the investigative reporter for The Oregonian, inserts himself into the case, imposing on both Mercy and Truman. He’s a good friend of Ava and apparently originated in an earlier series. Intrigued to learn more about him or was he annoying?

Robin (robinmy) | 1045 comments I recognized Michael from the Bone Secrets series that I read a while ago. I actually liked him more in the previous book. He was a bit annoying in this one.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5076 comments Mod
This was the first time I felt I was missing something by not having read the earlier series. Brody was annoying here and because Ava thought highly of him, I knew his earlier appearance would have been different.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1521 comments I didn't like him at all in this book. Now that I know he was in a previous book, I feel like there is something I'm missing. These are the first books I've read by this author. I will read more by Elliot in the future.

Robin (robinmy) | 1045 comments For a while I wasn't even sure if it was the same guy. I had to go back and look at my reviews of the previous books. I wonder if he also showed up in the Callahan & McClane series too since he knows Ava. She wasn't a character in his book.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 605 comments I usually like to read interconnecting series in order just for this reason. To get the backstory on character's that pop up from previous series. You get a more complete picture that way and it's a nice bonus. Mike Brody does seem a bit annoying in this one without knowing that back story.

I'm liking the easy way that Kendra Elliot writes so I think I will back track and read the other two series when we've finished this one.