2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
This topic is about A Merciful Secret
A Merciful Secret > Question F

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5934 comments Mod
Rose is given a cradle by Nick Walker, the owner of a lumberyard who made it especially for her. Do you think his interest is genuine or has he been scared off by her family?

Robin (robinmy) | 1297 comments I definitely think he is interested. I hope Rose's parents didn't scare him off. I think if she keeps trying to talk to him, he'll come around.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1858 comments Nick was sweet. I'm sure he's interested in Rose. It will be interesting to see when and if it becomes something more.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 769 comments I think he was seriously interested and cared for Rose a lot; I also hope her parents don't shoo him off if he's the right guy for her.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5934 comments Mod
I thought Nick’s interest was indeed genuine and Mercy’s observations confirmed that. However, I’m also swayed by Rose’s last interaction with him and am unsure what happened following that visit to her home.

Hoping he’s still in it as he seems like a decent guy.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1858 comments I think Nick is still in it. Since he runs his own business, I can think of reasons that he couldn't have lunch with Rose. I expect his to have lunch, and more with Rose soon.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 672 comments The author detailed in that scene in the hardware Nick's facial expressions and mannerisms when encountering Rose and also other character's reactions. It seemed very clear that she was getting the point across that Nick genuinely has feelings for Rose.