2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
This topic is about A Merciful Secret
A Merciful Secret > Question C

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5334 comments Mod
It’s not long before Christian and Gabriel Lake are included in the investigation after the investigators determine a similarity between Olivia Sabine’s death and their father’s. First impressions?

Robin (robinmy) | 1124 comments I liked Christian but did not like Brent Rollins who worked for him. I thought he was up to something. I didn't like Gabriel at all.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1591 comments I agree with Robin. Christian didn't send up any red flags, but Brent felt like he was hiding something. Gabriel set off bad vibes. I thought he was in cahoots with Brent to cause trouble for Christian. I thought maybe something to do with his company.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5334 comments Mod
I stayed neutral about Christian but felt he was hiding something. Gabriel was a different story. He was hostile and evasive. His refusal to answer the most innocuous questions made me deeply suspicious of him. He topped my list. Brent...I thought he was just highly protective of and loyal to Christian.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 640 comments As soon as these brothers were introduced red flags went up. One or both of them definitely had something to do with the murders. And Christian just seemed too smooth. I'm thinking he's involved somehow although the scene from Salome's POV that he helped her did muddy the water a bit. The jury is out but definitely some involvement somehow.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 102 comments I wasn't sure what to think of the brothers as Elliot was a bit heavy handed in making sure we liked one and not the other. I expected things to get switched up and was a bit disappointed it didn't happen but overall I liked the outcome. I was happy to like Christian in the end and felt bad for him as well.

As far as the similarities between the two murders I confess I've read too many book since finishing this one and I'm getting the slashing of Olivia and Mr, Lake confused with the slashing deaths of Karin Slaughter's Blindsighted.