2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
This topic is about A Merciful Secret
A Merciful Secret > Question B

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5961 comments Mod
When Olivia was murdered, her daughter was out of town and no one knew if she was involved or if she’d return anytime soon. But Morrigan was extremely confident she would and never showed any concern or worry. What assumptions did you make at the time?

Robin (robinmy) | 1310 comments My only assumption was that Morrigan was used to her mother coming and going...maybe staying away for weeks at a time. I kept wondering what Salome was doing that she would leave and not contact her mother or daughter.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1880 comments She seems like a child who spends more time with her grandmother than her mother. I thought that her mother didn't have a lot of opportunities in their small town. It was there life. Her mother always came home

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 769 comments I did suspect Morrigan's mother for a while, but that didn't get me very far.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5961 comments Mod
Whatever my assumptions about Salome at the time, Morrigan’s confidence about her mother’s return made me believe her. I was certain she’d return because the child never wavered or worried.

message 6: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited May 25, 2020 11:41PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 673 comments Jonetta wrote: "Whatever my assumptions about Salome at the time, Morrigan’s confidence about her mother’s return made me believe her. I was certain she’d return because the child never wavered or worried."

I agree, Jonetta. Morrigan certainly wasn't afraid of her mother so whatever she was up to she probably didn't kill the grandmother, her own mother. But I thought her actions might have had something to do with it.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 102 comments I never though Salome killed anyone but I did think she was not a hands on mother. Morrigan was way too comfortable at her grandmother's house for Olivia to not to be a primary caregiver. As Morrigan (love the witchy name by the way) knew her mom would be back with complete certainty I would assume Salome disappears and reappears with some frequency.