Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

CURRENTLY READING > The best book I read in April (2020)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 140 comments Mod
Whoops! Apologies for the delay in getting this post up. It's time to chime in and share your best reads from the month of April. What middle grade titles were stand-outs for you?

My picks are easy to pinpoint. I treated myself to Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt, who is one of my favorite authors. This books is a sorta-sequel (really more of a spin-off) to The Wednesday Wars, which I adored. And I *finally* read Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. Genius rich boy takes on the entire world of fairies? Sure. I'm there for it. Looking forward to the rest of the series. : )

Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) by Eoin Colfer

message 2: by Harley (new)

Harley Bennett | 100 comments Since I had plenty of time to read in April, I was able to read some of favorites again: Juniper Berry, Fever 1793, and Daphne's Book. Kat Wolfe Investigates and Newbery winner The Hero and the Crown were the best of the rest.

message 3: by Manybooks (new)

Manybooks | 346 comments I read the entire St. Clare’s series in April, both the Enid Blyton ones and those penned by Pamela Cox, entertaining enough but also not spectacular and often pretty dated.

message 4: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 140 comments Mod
Harley wrote: "Since I had plenty of time to read in April, I was able to read some of favorites again: Juniper Berry..."

Oooh, I have Juniper Berry somewhere in my (rather imposing) To Read pile. Good, is it? That's promising!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

In April 2020, I was able to treat myself to the bestselling series of the Lunar Chronicles. I quite enjoyed Cinder and am also reading A Velocity of Being: Letters to A Young Reader along with a few picture books.

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer A Velocity of Being Letters to A Young Reader by Maria Popova

message 6: by Justine (new)

Justine Laismith (justinelaismith) | 319 comments I had my first foray into audio books as they were free on Audible Stories. So I had a good haul of 10 books in April.
These books all had 4* from me.

Idyllic rural life in China: Bronze and Sunflower

Whisked me away to New Orleans:Viva Durant and The Secret of the Silver Buttons

Made me laugh out loud : Fortunately, the Milk

Magical and heart warming tale: The Storm Keeper's Island