Year-long NaNo discussion

P.D. Atkerson > Testing of the Stars (Sci-fi blog post book series).

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P.D. (last edited May 11, 2020 03:41PM) (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments This is an idea I've had for a while now, it will kind of be like a TV shop, but in written form on my blog. With 'Episodes' coming out (hopefully) once a week.

I'll post a link here when it comes out on Sunday.

message 2: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments Here's a clip if anyone's interested, I'd love to hear what you think. (And if you can't wait until Sunday for the rest of the episode, just leave a comment and I can message you the rest. It won't all fit on here).

Episode 1: Pilot

Earth had been at war for over twenty years, ever since the moment extraterrestrial life made first contact, and bombed every major city across the globe. Throwing the world into chaos. It wasn’t long after that the Terran Alliance was founded, uniting the countries of the world against a common enemy.
The first act of the Alliance was the construction of the Mind and Matter Academy, built to train the next generation of soldiers to protect earth and its inhabitance against what became known as the Nova Forces. Those chosen for the Academy were children blessed with gifts not many possessed.
Gifts that made them more powerful in mind and body.
Of these children, the Academy had two types of cadets: Mentalists and Defenders.
Maximus T. O’Brien was a Defender.

Out of everything Max had seen since coming to the Academy three days before, the hangar bay was, without a doubt, the coolest. The Fighters inside were just… there was no better word to describe them than awesome!
The Fighters were slick, black beasts. Some sat on the ground floor of the bay, while others hung several stories above his head.
Max had never seen a TF-45 in person before today. But it was plainly obvious why it was unofficially nicknamed the ‘Wishbone’. The forward part of the Fighter was in the shape of a U, which swept up and joined together in the back, where it met the dome compartment of the cockpit.
Without really thinking about it, Max reached out and carefully ran his hand over the soft metal. Even though the Fighter wasn’t powered on, he could almost feel the engine pulsing with life under the cold shell of the Fighter’s outer wall.
What he wouldn’t give to fly one of these! Sure, he’d flown one before, hundreds of times in simulation. But he knew without a doubt the simulations would be nothing compared to the real thing.
Max pulled his hand off the Fighter and let it drop to his side. He sighed and was about to turn to leave the hangar bay when another cadet appeared around the corner of the Fighter and nearly ran right into him.
“Oh, sorry!” the cadet said as he took a step back from Max and looked up from his tablet. “I didn’t see you there.”
Max laughed, shoving his hands into his pockets as he rocked back on his heels. “I kind of caught onto that. So, what’s so interesting on that thing that you almost ran me over?” he asked, nodding toward the tablet.
The cadet snapped his fingers, a grin spreading across his face. “This is perfect!” he said. “I was just going to go looking for a Defender.”

message 3: by Oceane (new)

Oceane McAllister (therealqueenofnarnia) | 592 comments Oh wow! I really love this... a lot. Can't wait for the full episode!

message 4: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments Oceane wrote: "Oh wow! I really love this... a lot. Can't wait for the full episode!"

Thanks! Hopefully, you like the rest of it. :)

message 5: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments Here's the link to the full episode!

https://pdatkerson.blogspot.com/2020/...

message 6: by Oceane (new)

Oceane McAllister (therealqueenofnarnia) | 592 comments Thanks!

message 7: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments Episode 2 is out!

message 8: by Oceane (new)

Oceane McAllister (therealqueenofnarnia) | 592 comments Hurrah! I was quite invested with episode one!

message 9: by Oceane (new)

Oceane McAllister (therealqueenofnarnia) | 592 comments Just read it and I love it! Aidan is my favorite, but Max is pretty great too

message 10: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments Oceane wrote: "Just read it and I love it! Aidan is my favorite, but Max is pretty great too"

Glad you liked it. :)

message 13: by Oceane (new)

Oceane McAllister (therealqueenofnarnia) | 592 comments Goodness! I missed two! *goes to read them immediately*

message 14: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments Oceane wrote: "Goodness! I missed two! *goes to read them immediately*"

:) Hope you like them.

message 16: by Oceane (new)

Oceane McAllister (therealqueenofnarnia) | 592 comments Just caught up on them all! SO good! Seriously... once I start an episode I can't stop XD

message 17: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments Oceane wrote: "Just caught up on them all! SO good! Seriously... once I start an episode I can't stop XD"

I'm glad you like them!

message 19: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments Episode 7 is out!

message 22: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments There's a lot of new episodes up. :P

https://pdatkerson.blogspot.com/p/blo...

message 23: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments Episode 16 went up on Friday!

https://pdatkerson.blogspot.com/p/blo...

message 24: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (pdatkerson) | 68 comments The last episode goes up on 11/13/2020, then they'll all come down 11/27/2020.
If you want to read them as one piece, you can preorder the book here: https://www.amazon.com/Testing-Stars-...