Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Issues with Quotes > Citing sources of quotations

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (drsharp) As a retired professor and researcher, I frequently go looking for the source of a quotation. The search results invariably include a 'hit' on Goodreads. My question is this: Why is it that a website, committed to encouraging readers to share and discuss literature of all kinds, does not require the members to include at least the title and page number as well as the author of the book from which a quote is chosen for posting on Goodreads?

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4418 comments Douglas wrote: "As a retired professor and researcher, I frequently go looking for the source of a quotation. The search results invariably include a 'hit' on Goodreads. My question is this: Why is it that a websi..."

Hi Douglas

This isn't really a question for Librarians as we are volunteers. However, page numbers would be impossible especially now with ereaders. My page 140 might be your page 150.

Also some quotes aren't from books but may be from interviews.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41668 comments Mod
Goodreads Librarians are not employees of Goodreads, but volunteers. They cannot assist you with issues of site functionality. Please either check out Goodreads Help (with its FAQ), or you may wish to use the Contact Us page. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.