Beta Reader Group discussion

Special Offers > $50 Beta Read and/or Line Edit

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Wolf | 17 comments Quarantine has everyone finishing their novels so if you’re looking for someone to beta read and/or edit your new manuscript, look no further.

I know money can be a bit of problem, especially at the minute, when trying to find a good reader/editor so I am offering a full and comprehensive beta read and/or line edit for $50, no matter what the length of your manuscript (if it’s less than 50,000 words it will be charged at 0.001/word).

I have been a professional beta reader for over 5 years and have worked on many projects across different genres. I’ve been an editor for 2 years. In my spare time I read extensively across all genres so am happy to help with whatever project you may have.

If you would like to send me your MS or are interested in finding out more, please send me a DM. I look forward to hearing from you.

message 2: by Apryl (new)

Apryl | 7 comments Hello Jessie,
I would love to have you beta read my manuscript! My email is newkirka13@gmail.com. I have just worked through a 2nd revision with a critique group, but I need a few whole novel read throughs. My query is below.
Pretty Box is an illegal energy drink because of kids like the unlucky Sage who couldn’t handle a bottle without losing their marbles. But when Sage’s brother Arlo tells her there’s a new, improved Pretty Box being passed around that can enhance your physical abilities and looks, Sage downs the drink before her softball game. Yet, instead of gaining unimaginable powers, Sage attracts the attention of the cult responsible for the drink. Not only are they in the business of kidnapping her and Arlo, but they whisk them into a world of murder, blood drinking, and super strength models.

Even worse, Sage has experienced astral projection and hallucinations since the fateful pre-game sip. As she attempts to escape the cult’s clutches, Sage must discover if she’s experiencing crazy side-affects or if she’s on the brink of developing a power more sinister than a strength boost.

Beautiful Town is a young adult paranormal thriller complete at 71,000 words.

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie | 2 comments Hi Jessie,

Also looking for a beta reader and interested in having you look it over! Mine is a YA fantasy romance at 103,000 words. I know this is pretty long, so let me know if you're interested.

message 4: by David (last edited May 20, 2020 07:24PM) (new)

David Wildman | 13 comments Hi Jessie, I am indeed looking for a beta reader for my novel The Myriad Era, a Sci Fi thriller. 284 pages (73,000 words). I've recently gone through intensive work with an editor after an agent said the book is 75 percent there, so they are now waiting on my revisions.
The book is about an aging former rock star with addiction problems that are destroying his marriage. He tries standard psychotherapy but is unable to face the darkness within, so he agrees to a new untested method in which a computer maps his brain in order to get to the root of his trauma. He ends up getting a lot more than he bargained for. It's a story of love, art, creation and the future of music.

Let me know if you are interested in doing a straight up Beta reading and answering some questions. Thanks! David

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Wolf | 17 comments If anyone else is interested, I have some spaces left for June.

message 6: by Ed (new)

Ed Zukusky | 18 comments Looking for a beta reader for an action adventure novel (54K words)

Zach Marcus' days as an Army Ranger and CIA operative are behind him. He is now the owner and operator of Capt'n Zach's Fish Camp in the Florida back country. Life is good, yet he still yearns for the travel and adventure of those days. A call from a fishing guide in the Everglades offering a fishing trip deep into the Glades whets his thirst for adventure. With his long time fishing buddy Dan, they venture deep into the Glades and Indian territory. Burial grounds, pot farms, smugglers and the death of a guide interrupt the fishing trip. Threats to their families force Zach and Dan team up with the brothers of the dead guide and become vigilantes seeking vengeance in the wilds of the Everglades
The Everglades, and its myriad mix of gators, snakes and wild hogs, becomes the background for a violence and danger, drawing Zach and Dan back into their turbulent ways of their past.