The Reasons Why you wrote your book or books discussion

1 view
Why I wrote "My Funny Dad, Harry"

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen & Gerard (new)

Karen & Gerard (wwwgoodreadscomprofilekzemek) | 4 comments I never planned to become an author, but here I am! I just wrote "My Funny Dad, Harry" as a memorial to my dad after he died February, 2007. I had so many thoughts about him racing through my head at night that I couldn't sleep, so decided to write about him. I realized what a wonderful dad he really was and how amazing as well as funny.

Growing up, I always thought my parents were funny (as do most kids, I expect), and often said they should have a TV comedy show called the "Mom and Pop" show.

By writing this book, I thought it would be a great way to share my dad with others and keep his memory alive. I also thought it could be an encouragement to others who are caring for aging parents as well as giving some tips on being a good, caring person. I enjoyed writing this book very much because it helped me work through my grief.

In the end I include an epilogue that tells how God helped me through the really tough days after my dad's death when I just felt so overwhelmed with everything that needed to be taken care of.

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethfehlbaum) | 11 comments Your dad and you are very lucky to have had the kind of relationship you had. I'm glad you found peace through writing it.

Beth Fehlbaum, author
Courage in Patience, a story of hope for those who have endured abuse
http://courageinpatience.blogspot.com