2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Thanks, Kristin! :D

message 2: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I'm waiting for my digital hold to come through. I'm 1st in line and the person before me only has it for 14 days, so it shouldn't be too much longer. :D

message 3: by Dani (new)

Dani Thornton | 9 comments Reading this now!

message 4: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2282 comments I have my copy but I’m to finish off two other buddy reads before I start this one. Mostly, I’ll start by the end of this fortnight.

message 5: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2282 comments I’m starting this tonight!

@Eirelyn - How about you? Did you get your hands on the copy?

@Dani - How much have you read? And how do you find it so far?

message 6: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments My hold just came through today, so I should be starting this really soon! :D

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 601 comments I've already read this, otherwise I'd be joining you. I definitely want to follow this along and see what you all think of this book! I read it back in high school and remembered thinking that it was able to voice some of my own insecurities without me realizing that that's what was happening.

message 8: by Dani (new)

Dani Thornton | 9 comments Just finished it. It made me feel every emotion, and really sympathise with the main characters. Interested to see how it’s portrayed in the film version!

message 9: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (last edited Feb 10, 2020 09:05AM) (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2282 comments Finished this a few hours ago and loved it! I’m embarrassed to say that I didn’t know what a wallflower meant before I came across this book and now that I know the meaning, I wonder how many wallflowers I know in real life. Unsurprisingly, it’s a big number! Chbosky’s writing is hypnotic and lyrical! He puts across his views on topics like (view spoiler)

message 10: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I just finished Part 2, and while I'm enjoying it, Charlie reminds me so much of someone I know. Just the rambly narrative of someone very young. I can't help but imagine the person I know when I read this because she converses in a very similar manner.

message 11: by Eirelyn (last edited Feb 18, 2020 11:38PM) (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I just finished this tonight. I liked it overall, and it dealt with some heavy issues. Trisha, I agree with you about (view spoiler).

I think the biggest issue for me was the way Charlie told the story. Facts. Facts. And more facts. "I did this. He did that. He said this. Then, I cried." (view spoiler).

I did like the characters in this story. I also really enjoyed how the book dealt with a lot of heavy life topics. All of the book & pop culture references were fun (I kind of wish there had been a few more of the latter throughout). As a whole, I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

message 12: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2282 comments Eirelyn wrote: "I just finished this tonight. I liked it overall, and it dealt with some heavy issues. Trisha, I agree with you about [spoilers removed].

I think the biggest issue for me was the way Charlie told ..."

So aptly put, Eirelyn! Can’t agree with you more.

message 13: by Fenris (new)

Fenris (fenrislyulf) | 15 comments I read it late in 2019, but would love to be part of the 2020 conversation, if that's okay?

message 14: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Of course, Fenris. Join right in. :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.