2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > To Kill A Mockingbird

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1517 comments I am so excited to finally reread this after 50 years! :) I'm going to try to get to it early in the month.

message 2: by Rob (new)

Rob Brown | 78 comments This is my favourite all time book. I have read it perhaps a dozen times. I have my mother's copy from about 1970 (it is pretty battered now!). It might be due for a reread.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma L H | 11 comments I would like to join please!!

message 4: by Hanča (new)

Hanča (citron) | 80 comments I'm so ready to knock this one out. It was the first book I added to my TBR shelf when I joined goodreads so it's about damn time. :)

message 5: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 22 comments May I join please ?
It's been ages I haven't decided myself to read a classic and I hope this one will reconcile me with it !

message 6: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 22 comments I hope it's fine if I post another message since the other is from two days ago !

Well, I've read the entire first part (I'm at about 40% of the book) and boy. I think I just discovered I can like a classic. I can LOVE a classic. The characters are super interesting, I really like the style of the writing (knowing that I read it in English but my mother tongue is French), I had to concentrate for a bit about the names and the nicknames of the characters I didn't totally get at the beginning but it's all fine now.
Great read for the moment, I really like how smooth it is and how (and where) the actions goes !

Hope you all enjoy the book !

message 7: by Hanča (new)

Hanča (citron) | 80 comments Elisa wrote: "I hope it's fine if I post another message since the other is from two days ago !"

It's completely fine you joined and comment as much as you'd like, no worries! :) I just haven't started yet so I don't have anything to contribute with yet, sadly. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

message 8: by Lynn (last edited Feb 10, 2020 10:30AM) (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1517 comments I will be reading this the upcoming weekend!

Update as of February 10. Did not get to it this weekend. Hopefully the weekend of February 15! :)

message 9: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 339 comments I've got this on hold and will hopefully get it in time. It's been a long time since I've read it, I'm curious to see what I remember and how much my thoughts on it have changed!

message 10: by Misha (new)

Misha Bennett (fictionismylife2) | 1 comments This is so great because this book was on my reread list to read something from grade school and I can now read it with my buddies! I love books and the book community! Happy Reading!

message 11: by Rob (new)

Rob Brown | 78 comments I can't tell you how glad that makes me Elisa. I don't know why but I get really evangelical about this book.

message 12: by Tayo (new)

Tayo Reads (tayoreads) One of t he best reads of my childhood, I look forward to reading with everyone, It’s been over 35 years since I visited Jean Louise, Atticus, Jim and lil Dill. And Mr. Boo Radely.

message 13: by Tayo (new)

Tayo Reads (tayoreads) Great read I m excited

message 14: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1517 comments I'm about 1/4 through and realize that I probably missed much of the humor when I first read this 50+ years ago at age 12! :) I admire Harper's writing!

message 15: by Tayo (new)

Tayo Reads (tayoreads) I can truly say that rereading To Kill a Mockingbird is better than I had expected, and it has open my eyes to humor that I over looked or forgot written In the book.

message 16: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1517 comments Tayo wrote: "I can truly say that rereading To Kill a Mockingbird is better than I had expected, and it has open my eyes to humor that I over looked or forgot written In the book."

Glad to hear I am not the only one! :)

message 17: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1517 comments This is just a gorgeous read, IMHO! I adore that (view spoiler)

message 18: by Hanča (new)

Hanča (citron) | 80 comments I started properly just yesterday, I kept putting it off and suddenly February is almost over, lol. I always read the first few pages and then put it down. The writing is a bit hard for me, I worry that I'm missing stuff because of language and cultural barrier. I feel like I need to do some extra research for context but I don't want to spoil myself for the book.

message 19: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 22 comments Aaaw I'm mad at myself, I had some problems during February and I didn't read for myself except at the very beginning of the month... I won't be able to finish To Kill a Mockingbird today but I'll do it as soon as possible ! It still interests me a lot !

message 20: by Hanča (new)

Hanča (citron) | 80 comments Same, Elisa. February raced away so quickly and I just couldn't finish it in time to save my life.
Feel free to keep using this thread if you end up getting to it soon.

message 21: by Rob (new)

Rob Brown | 78 comments I'll still read along! Let us know what you think.

message 22: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1517 comments @ Elisa Hanca Rob
I am willing to discuss whenever anyone else is. I am still trying to finish two books I pledged to read in February myself, just not this one! So you're not alone! :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.