YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Adoring S. (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 118 (118 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jan 27, 2020 01:47AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84975 comments Mod
Team Adoring S.:
Katie
Krystal
Raghad
Emma☀️
h.son books
Madison
Brittan
Vivi
Aaron
Jessica
Ari ☾
Deishima
Pragya

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please let us know you are ready to go by commenting here before February 1st ☺

message 2: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Ayers | 4320 comments Checking in.

message 3: by Raghad (new)

Raghad | 1501 comments Cheaking in.

message 4: by Krystal (last edited Feb 02, 2020 03:39PM) (new)

Krystal Ayers | 4320 comments So these are the books/authors I will be reading, so far.

Caragh M O'Brian- Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1) by Caragh M. O'Brien Prized (Birthmarked, #2) by Caragh M. O'Brien Promised (Birthmarked, #3) by Caragh M. O'Brien and The Vault of Dreamers (The Vault of Dreamers, #1) by Caragh M. O'Brien The Keep of Ages (The Vault of Dreamers, #3) by Caragh M. O'Brien The Rule of Mirrors (The Vault of Dreamers, #2) by Caragh M. O'Brien

Garth Nix- Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) by Garth Nix Lirael (The Old Kingdom, #2) by Garth Nix Abhorsen (The Old Kingdom, #3) by Garth Nix Clariel (The Old Kingdom, #4) by Garth Nix Goldenhand (The Old Kingdom) by Garth Nix

Marie Lu - Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu Rebel (Legend, #4) by Marie Lu

Marissa Meyer- Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer

Emily R King- The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3) by Emily R. King The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4) by Emily R. King

Michelle Moran- Nefertiti by Michelle Moran Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran

Kate Quinn- Mistress of Rome (The Empress of Rome, #1) by Kate Quinn Daughters of Rome (The Empress of Rome, #2) by Kate Quinn

Bella Forrest- The Gender Fall (The Gender Game, #5) by Bella Forrest The Gender Plan (The Gender Game, #6) by Bella Forrest The Gender End (The Gender Game, #7) by Bella Forrest

message 5: by Krystal (last edited Feb 02, 2020 03:39PM) (new)

message 6: by Emma☀️ (new)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Checking in! Will post my tbr later tonight

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84975 comments Mod
Adding Pragya to your team ☺

message 8: by Ari ☾ (last edited Jan 26, 2020 11:48AM) (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Checking in!
My TBR is:
Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw The Language of Thorns Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic (Grishaverse, #0.5, 2.5, 2.6) by Leigh Bardugo Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15) by Patricia Briggs .

I have a buddy read set up for Ninth House on Feb 2nd, if anyone is interested in any of these books let me know!

message 9: by Vivi (last edited Jan 26, 2020 11:52AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Hi everyone. Checking in.

I know I'll be reading Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman by Gail Honeyman and Where We Go From Here by Lucas Rocha by Lucas Rocha.

I don't have any more books picked for February, so I'll try to see if I can read an author which can give us bonus points.

We need at least 5 books from the same author (or 2 of us can read the same book).

message 10: by Krystal (last edited Jan 26, 2020 11:59AM) (new)

Krystal Ayers | 4320 comments @Ari, I’ll read Wicked Deep with you!

message 11: by Raghad (new)

Raghad | 1501 comments @Vivi i can read Eleanor oliphant is completely fine with you if you want :)

message 12: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Raghad wrote: "@Vivi i can read Eleanor oliphant is completely fine with you if you want :)"

Yeah, that would be great! Wanna Buddy Read? When do you want to read it?

message 13: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (aa3142) | 1378 comments Hi. Checking in.
This is what I’m planning to read
More Than This by Patrick Ness Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu Monster (Monster, #1) by Michael Grant
I will be able to read another book or 2 from any authors that will give us bonus points

message 14: by Ari ☾ (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Krystal wrote: "@Ari, I’ll read Wicked Deep with you!"

When did you wanna start it? (:

message 15: by Emma☀️ (last edited Jan 26, 2020 12:15PM) (new)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Here's my tbr:

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal Shusterman The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3) by Neal Shusterman Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

And maybe The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4) by Libba Bray depending on when I get a copy :)

Let me know if you're interested in buddy reading!

@Ari I'll join you for Ninth House!

message 16: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Ayers | 4320 comments Aaron wrote: "Hi. Checking in.
More Than This by Patrick Ness Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu [bookcover:Monster|2608..."

I’ll also be rereading Lu’s books. Do you want to buddy read them?

message 17: by Raghad (new)

Raghad | 1501 comments @vivi yes! how about the 2nd?

message 18: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Ayers | 4320 comments Ari ☾ wrote: "Krystal wrote: "@Ari, I’ll read Wicked Deep with you!"

When did you wanna start it? (:"

I just put a hold on it both ebook and physical and one or the other should come within a few days. Whenever works for you!

message 19: by Raghad (last edited Jan 26, 2020 12:32PM) (new)

Raghad | 1501 comments i want to read those if anyone want to BR any with me
The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah The Tattooist of Auschwitz (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #1) by Heather Morris Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry Anyone by Charles Soule With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1) by Mark Lawrence The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Siblings, #2) by Mackenzi Lee Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren Just Breathe by Cammie McGovern

and i have a BR for Recursion by Blake Crouch for the 10th if anyone want to join

message 20: by Ari ☾ (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Krystal wrote: "Ari ☾ wrote: "Krystal wrote: "@Ari, I’ll read Wicked Deep with you!"

When did you wanna start it? (:"

I just put a hold on it both ebook and physical and one or the other should come within a few..."

Let's shoot for Feb 7th?

message 21: by Ari ☾ (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Emma☀️ wrote: "Here's my tbr:

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal ShustermanThunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal ShustermanThe Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3) by Neal ShustermanSteelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

And maybe The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4) by Libba Bray depending ..."

Yay! More the merrier!

message 22: by maddy (new)

maddy | 6 comments my tbr so far:
The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand Sea Witch (Sea Witch, #1) by Sarah Henning

up for buddy reads:)

message 23: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3210 comments Checking in!! WOO HOO!!

I've been waiting to commit to some buddy reads to see what authors you all would be reading this month!! I want to try and get those bonus points :) :)

I've already re-read the Legend series, but if you guys are in need of a 5th book by that author to get those bonus points, I'll try and snag the graphic novels of those and add up all the pages to give us another Marie Lu book!

But keep posting your TBR lists...it helps me know what authors to go for this month :) :)

@Raghad- I would buddy read Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
Other books I have from those authors and still haven't read: Roomies by Christina Lauren Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren

These are series I'm in the middle of right now:

Sarah J. Maas- Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas

Cassandra Clare- City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare

message 24: by Raghad (new)

Raghad | 1501 comments @Katie great! when do you want to read love & other words?
i have read roomies and i don't have a copy of twice in a blue moon but i can try and read Autoboyography or Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating

message 25: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Raghad wrote: "@vivi yes! how about the 2nd?"

Great! I'll ask for the thread for our BR, ok?

message 26: by Raghad (new)

Raghad | 1501 comments Ok, thank you!

message 27: by maddy (new)

maddy | 6 comments @katie

A court of thorns and roses by Sarah J. Maas has been on my tbr for a while. I can read two of her other books along with this one if you’re up for reading the two on your tbr:)

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3210 comments @Raghad- I’m good anytime!!! :) so whenever it works best for you! I’m so excited to read that one!!!

message 29: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (aa3142) | 1378 comments Krystal wrote: "Aaron wrote: "Hi. Checking in.
More Than This by Patrick Ness Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu [bookcove..."

Yeah sounds good

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3210 comments @Madison!! That would be incredible!!! I just committed to both of those to be buddy read, so I’ll for sure get to those 2!!

message 31: by Emma☀️ (new)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments @Katie & Raghad I'll join you for Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren . It's been sitting in my kindle for months now!

message 32: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (aa3142) | 1378 comments Emma☀️ wrote: "Here's my tbr:

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal ShustermanThunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal ShustermanThe Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3) by Neal ShustermanSteelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

And maybe The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4) by Libba Bray depending ..."

I have been meaning to read scythe for ages now if you want to buddy read

message 33: by Emma☀️ (new)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments @Aaron Awesome! How does the 5th sound?

message 34: by maddy (new)

maddy | 6 comments @Katie

That’s great! I’ll make sure to read the book first so I can get the other ones!

message 35: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (aa3142) | 1378 comments Emma☀️ wrote: "@Aaron Awesome! How does the 5th sound?"

5th sounds good. I’ve only done like 1 buddy read before so I have no idea how they are set up though. What do I need to do?

message 36: by maddy (new)

maddy | 6 comments What other authors are we “stalking”?

I have some ideas: John Green, Shannon Messenger, and other authors of series

I’m down for about anything! Just lmk:)

message 37: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Ayers | 4320 comments Katie wrote: "Checking in!! WOO HOO!!

I've been waiting to commit to some buddy reads to see what authors you all would be reading this month!! I want to try and get those bonus points :) :)

I've already re-..."

Hi! That would be great!!

message 38: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Ayers | 4320 comments Aaron wrote: "Krystal wrote: "Aaron wrote: "Hi. Checking in.
More Than This by Patrick Ness Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu [bookcover:Champion|142..."

Great, when did you want to start the first one? I’ll request the thread.

message 39: by Emma☀️ (new)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Aaron wrote: "Emma☀️ wrote: "@Aaron Awesome! How does the 5th sound?"

5th sounds good. I’ve only done like 1 buddy read before so I have no idea how they are set up though. What do I need to do?"

We request a discussion thread/link and once we start reading, we just discuss on that thread.
I'll request the thread and link it here for you! All you need to do is update your thoughts using the link :)

message 40: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (aa3142) | 1378 comments Emma☀️ wrote: "Aaron wrote: "Emma☀️ wrote: "@Aaron Awesome! How does the 5th sound?"

5th sounds good. I’ve only done like 1 buddy read before so I have no idea how they are set up though. What do I need to do?"
..."

Ok cool. Thanks.

message 41: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments @Raghad,
Here's the thread for our BR of Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Also, I can read a book from Christina Lauren if we need it.

message 42: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Ayers | 4320 comments Madison wrote: "my tbr so far:
The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand Sea Witch (Sea Witch, #1) by Sarah Henning

up for buddy reads:)"

I’m reading Sea Witch Rising (Sea Witch, #2) by Sarah Henning so maybe we can find some others by this author and have people read since you have 1 and I have 1.

message 43: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (aa3142) | 1378 comments Krystal wrote: "Aaron wrote: "Krystal wrote: "Aaron wrote: "Hi. Checking in.
More Than This by Patrick Ness Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu [bookcove..."

I don’t mind. Would something like the 9th be ok

message 44: by Raghad (new)

Raghad | 1501 comments @Emma @Katie : is the 4th okay?

message 45: by Emma☀️ (new)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments @Aaron Here's the Scythe thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 46: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3210 comments I'm good with the 4th!

message 47: by Emma☀️ (new)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Raghad wrote: "@Emma @Katie : is the 4th okay?"

Perfect!

message 48: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Ayers | 4320 comments Aaron wrote: "Krystal wrote: "Aaron wrote: "Krystal wrote: "Aaron wrote: "Hi. Checking in.
More Than This by Patrick Ness Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu [bookcover:Prodigy|134..."

Absolutely! I’ll request the thread for it tomorrow.

message 49: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Ayers | 4320 comments Katie wrote: "Checking in!! WOO HOO!!

I've already re-..."

Also, if you don’t want to read the graphic novels, I can reread The Elite Society series by her as well.

message 50: by maddy (new)

maddy | 6 comments @Krystal

That sounds good:)

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.