Polls for Our Souls discussion

Random > I need help, please!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nahia (new)

Nahia (nahiacal) | 3 comments Hi! I already asked for help once before and it went pretty well, so I will try it again.

This time what I am looking for is a bit more complicated. Once again, I am asking for help for something related to my university studies. I have to present a final work in order to get my degree and the topic I have to talk about is "Germanic Literature of the Middle Ages from a Comparative Perspective". I must confess that I am quite lost because I do not really know a lot about the topic. What is clear is that I need to find books that belong to the Germanic literature and that were originally published in the Middle Ages.

The thing is that I was thinking about it the other day and I thought that maybe I could try to find books that talk about tarot . As far as I know, this ""game"" was invented during this period, and I also know that it is related to the Pagan religion, something that was common during the time, so maybe there are books that talk about it. So, all of this is to ask if anyone knows about any book (being originally published in the Middle Ages and being part of the Germanic literature) that mentions tarot . I know that it may be pretty impossible to find books concerning the topic, but if anyone has any recommendation I would be so so so grateful!!

Thank you in advance!

message 2: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) Wow that sounds like something difficult to find! Maybe go to a local library and ask there? I myself cannot help you but I am now curious about what you find! Good luck! Hope someone can be of help to you!

message 3: by Pam (new)

Pam Carmichael | 154 comments I agree with Elyse, try your local library this is a tough one to find anything about, good luck to you dear and let us know how it goes!!!

Cindy (Romance addict) | 67 comments Don't know specifically about the tarot perspective, but I found this and it has a lot of books listed from that time period that falls within the Germanic literature spectrum you are looking for. Hope it helps.

https://www.britannica.com/art/German...