Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2020 Challenges & Buddy Reads > February 2020 ~ Pick for Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 200 (200 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Grey (last edited Mar 01, 2020 05:24AM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Pick for Me Challenge!!!

Month 2 of 2020! This challenge has endured the test of time in our group because it is definitely the most fun! Feel free to participate each month, or when your schedule allows. We're not picky, we love seeing you when you can!

The How-to
1. Create a new shelf, or update an existing shelf on your Goodreads profile, that includes approximately 20 books that you would like to have someone else use to pick a book for you to read. Label it "Pick For Me." Only books from this designated shelf will be selected for this challenge, (no matter how badly some of us want to pick something else...hint hint, pick-happy moppets...*giggle*)!

2. Post in this thread that you want to participate this month. If you don't post here, I don't know you want in.

3. Provide the link to your Pick For Me shelf, (this will make it a bit easier for all parties involved... unless you all really *want* to read Arsen. *a new month, a new pick from me!*) This is really important, especially the first month of a new year. I want to make sure that the link to everyone's shelves hasn't changed. If you're having difficulty finding the link to your shelf, please let me know.

4. On February 1st, *cough,cough* someone...the hand of fate, maybe, *cough, cough* will use the randomizer to pair up everyone. (Or worst case scenario, I really will pick for everyone, and you *know* what that means, *shifty eyes* see above for my pick for the month, LOL!)

5. Friend your partner who is picking for you or set your profile to public or your partner will not be able to access your shelf.

6. Post your selection for your partner in this thread.

7. Come back after finishing the book selected for you by your partner (even if it's after the month has ended) and let everybody know what you think about it, or at least that you've finished...or DNF'd it (another book off your list is always a win in our book!)

**The sign up period will remain open until pairs are posted on February 1st and you'll have until February 4th to select a book for your partner or one of these other scavengers will swoop in and do it for you.**

Sample shelf: Grey's Pick For Me

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Renee picks for Jen; she picked Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren ~ Jen rated it 5 stars!

Judy picks for Grey; she picked Dirty Girls by Lily White ~ Grey rated it 4 stars.

Cátia picks for Nicole; she picked Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas ~ Nicole rated it 3.5 stars

Layne picks for Leslie; she picked The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1) by Kate Stewart ~ Leslie DNF-ed, but another one off Mt. TBR is a win!

Grey picks for Layne; she picked The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson ~ Layne rated it 5 stars!

Jen picks for Marissa; she picked Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata ~ Marissa rated it 5 stars!

Lisa picks for Jean; she picked Desperately Seeking Epic by B.N. Toler ~ Jean rated it 5 stars!

Melinda picks for Judy; she picked Shattered Stars by Shari J. Ryan ~ Judy rated it 3.5 stars

Leslie picks for T.; she picked All Grown Up by Vi Keeland ~ T. rated it 4 stars!

Michele picks for Cátia; she picked The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros ~ Cátia rated it 5 stars.

Diann picks for Lisa; she picked Unbreakable by Emma Scott ~ Lisa rated it 4 stars.

Marta picks for Michele; she picked A Nordic King (Nordic Royals, #3) by Karina Halle ~ Michele rated it 4 stars

Teri picks for Renee; she picked Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard ~ Renee rated it 3.5 stars

Nicole picks for Marta; she picked Someday, Someday by Emma Scott ~ Marta rated it 2 stars!

Jean picks for Teri; she picked A Different Blue by Amy Harmon ~ Teri rated it ...oopsie, she'd already read it!

Marissa picks for Diann; she picked Drive by Kate Stewart ~ Diann rated it 5 stars!

T. picks for Melinda; she picked A Different Blue by Amy Harmon ~ Melinda rated it 5 stars!

T picked The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty for Lynette; she rated 2 stars

Judy pinch hit and picked Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1) by K. Webster for Ela; she rated it 5 stars and is onto the sequel!

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments I'm in (even though I still need to read my January pick)...https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 4: by diann bryan (new)

diann bryan | 179 comments I’m in for February

message 5: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments I’m in

message 6: by Lisa (last edited Jan 27, 2020 09:04AM) (new)

message 8: by Leslie (last edited Jan 28, 2020 01:06PM) (new)

message 13: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in!

message 14: by Layne (new)

Layne | 146 comments I’m in! (Even though I still have to finish my January PFM😬)

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 15: by Teri (new)

Teri (ldyridr) | 85 comments I'm in too! I'll share my link soon but I really need to work on my PFM!

message 16: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm in. I don't think I've read my pfm for about 4 months, but I might as well keep trying! I read half of last December's and I haven't given up, and I'm hoping I can still get January's in.

message 17: by Teri (new)

Teri (ldyridr) | 85 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
I'm in a bit of a book slump... I really hope February's PFM will jolt me out of this.

message 18: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 338 comments Teri wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
I'm in a bit of a book slump... I really hope February's PFM will jolt me out of this."

Oh, great, Teri. That’s a lot of pressure. 😅

message 19: by Nicole (last edited Feb 02, 2020 12:42AM) (new)

message 20: by Jen (new)

Jen | 162 comments I'm in!

message 21: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Teri wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
I'm in a bit of a book slump... I really hope February's PFM will jolt me out of this."

You and me both! I've been listening to audiobooks, but I think I've only finished one ebook in the past 3 months. I HATE it!

message 22: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I have ants in my pants.

message 23: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Leslie wrote: "I have ants in my pants."

lol :)

message 24: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments 🐜 👖

😜

message 25: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Haha! Me too!

message 27: by Grey (last edited Feb 02, 2020 05:25AM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I will put a the fun links in when I get home...I'm doing this on my phone, LOL!

Judy picks for Grey; she picked Dirty Girls by Lily White ~ she rated it

Marissa picks for Diann; she picked Drive by Kate Stewart ~ Diann rated it

Lisa picks for Jean; she picked Desperately Seeking Epic by B.N. Toler ~ Jean rated it

Diann picks for Lisa; she picked Unbreakable by Emma Scott ~ Lisa rated it

Grey picks for Layne; she picked The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson ~ Layne rated it

Layne picks for Leslie; she picked The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1) by Kate Stewart ~ Leslie rated it

Jen picks for Marissa; she picked Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata ~ Marissa rated it

Marta picks for Michele; she picked A Nordic King (Nordic Royals, #3) by Karina Halle ~ Michele rated it

Renee picks for Jen; she picked Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren ~ Jen rated it

Michele picks for Cátia; she picked The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros ~ Cátia rated it

T. picks for Melinda; she picked A Different Blue by Amy Harmon ~ Melinda rated it

Jean picks for Teri; she picked A Different Blue by Amy Harmon ~ Teri rated it

Nicole picks for Marta; she picked Someday, Someday by Emma Scott ~ Marta rated it

Melinda picks for Judy; she picked ~ Judy rated it

Cátia picks for Nicole; she picked ~ Nicole rated it

Teri picks for Renee; she picked ~ Renee rated it

message 28: by T. (last edited Feb 01, 2020 01:06PM) (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 338 comments Leslie!!! I hope you're not too dismayed having to pick for me again. I promise to do better. ;-)

message 29: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 338 comments Melinda wrote: "I’m in"

Hello, Melinda! I'm choosing this for you: A Different Blue by Amy Harmon
I thought it was a great story by Harmon and if you're doing the "themes challenge" you can kill two birds with one stone. *wink*

message 30: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissadonofrio) | 169 comments diann bryan wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Diann, when I saw your list I thought, “I hope I get to pick for her!” but now I’m not only excited but conflicted! You have three books on there that I absolutely loved! However, I see you’ve been enjoying Kate Stewart and so you must read my favorite book by her...my pick for you is Drive by Kate Stewart . I hope you enjoy it!

message 31: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Holy cannoli, Jean. You don't make it easy on a girl, do ya? So many amazing choices on your list. I finally settled on Desperately Seeking Epic by B.N. Toler

message 32: by diann bryan (new)

diann bryan | 179 comments Lisa! I pick this for you!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 33: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Layne ... Oh girl, you have some stellar books on your list here! I'm waffling, you have one book on here that is an unadulterated 5 for me though... The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson Go in Grey's emergency kit (glittery blankie fort, Godiva, Moscato, Manny and Puffs Plus...) I hope you love it as much as I did.

message 34: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 197 comments Nicole I sent you a friend request, I have to choose your book but I can´t see them.

message 35: by Layne (new)

Layne | 146 comments Grey wrote: "Layne ... Oh girl, you have some stellar books on your list here! I'm waffling, you have one book on here that is an unadulterated 5 for me though... [bookcover:The Five Stages of Falling in Love|1..."
Yay! I’m anxious to read this one! Thanks, Grey!

message 36: by Layne (new)

Layne | 146 comments Leslie, for you I’m going with The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1) by Kate Stewart I adore that series & book 3 comes out soon! Enjoy!

message 37: by Jen (new)

Jen | 162 comments Marissa, you have the The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons on your list!!! :) BUT I won't do that to you even though Diann and I would be there to help you or you might just hear our maniacal laughter in your head. LOL

So with that being said, you have several Mariana Zapata which I LOVE her and I have yet to read Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata so this is my pick for you and can't wait to hear how you like it.

message 38: by diann bryan (new)

diann bryan | 179 comments Jen🤣

message 39: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Layne wrote: "Leslie, for you I’m going with The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1) by Kate Stewart I adore that series & book 3 comes out soon! Enjoy!"

Yay! Ive been wanting to try this.

message 40: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments T. wrote: "Leslie!!! I hope you're not too dismayed having to pick for me again. I promise to do better. ;-)"

It's all good as you don't have anymore of my all time faves on your list! 😜

I'm actually going to pick All Grown Up All Grown Up by Vi Keeland as I'm reading this too for other challenge!! 🤞it turns out to be good one. (I jist finished Park Avenue Player and did not like it)

message 41: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissadonofrio) | 169 comments Jen wrote: "Marissa, you have the The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons on your list!!! :) BUT I won't do that to you even though Diann and I would be there to help you or you might just hear our maniacal l..."

Hahaha!!! I dodge The Bronze Horseman again😜 Thank you for picking MZ, I adore her books and I’m excited to read this one!

message 42: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Leslie wrote: "Layne wrote: "Leslie, for you I’m going with The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1) by Kate Stewart I adore that series & book 3 comes out soon! Enjoy!"

Yay! Ive been wanting to try this."

such a good series! cant wait for #3 :) enjoy!

message 43: by Marta (last edited Feb 01, 2020 03:06PM) (new)

Marta | 134 comments Michele, so for you and since the other challenge is "age gap" i pick this one A Nordic King (Nordic Royals, #3) by Karina Halle
If you like books with a widowed father with 2 kids, royals and old guy/young girl this book is a great option ;)
(and this cover is just something!)

Hope you like it! Happy reading ;)

message 44: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Hey Grey! ok so I haven't read anything on your list! I decided on Lily White Dirty Girls by Lily White because I loved Five :) hope its a good one :)

message 45: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Jen, I'm picking something that Robin got me to read that I loved. Hope you enjoy it!
Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren

message 46: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 338 comments Leslie wrote: "T. wrote: "Leslie!!! I hope you're not too dismayed having to pick for me again. I promise to do better. ;-)"

It's all good as you don't have anymore of my all time faves on your list! 😜

I'm actu..."

Ooh, I didn’t realize it was an age-gap romance. Perfect. I’ve enjoyed a couple of Keeland’s books, but they tend to be hit or miss. Although, I have enjoyed her solo-authored books way more than her co-authored books with Ward. Personally, I think she does much better on her own.

message 47: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments diann bryan wrote: "Lisa! I pick this for you!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4..."

Awesome...now I can finally partake of the love that is Cory!!

message 48: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Judy.Ca wrote: "Hey Grey! ok so I haven't read anything on your list! I decided on Lily White Dirty Girls by Lily White because I loved Five :) hope its a good one :)"

I just put that one on there, because Maryse had it listed on the blog as being a bully book, LOL! here's hoping it's a deliciously naughty one. haha! Thanks, Judy!

message 49: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Home finally, sorry about the lack of links earlier, my daughter was singing at All-County and my son was at a birthday party and I did the randomizing on my phone...which is kind of difficult... 😬 but trying to add the links in too, was more than my fragile patience could stand at a birthday party I'm afraid. Then I had to hit a drive thru and run into Walmart, and somehow I wound up getting dust in my eye when I was leaving the store. Weird, right? I was walking out of the store under the blower thing and all of a sudden my eye is like pouring water out of it. Gah, nothing like looking like a freaking maniac crying from one eye. Thanks Maybelline for NOT working today and letting me have that back alley hooker appeal... I don't know...but I just finally am home after washing out my contact and scrubbing my face. And I'm ready to get this stuff fixed!!! (sorry for that super long winded explanation that you probably neither needed nor wanted, LOL!)

message 50: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Catia, that was the easiest choice ever! I sincerely hope you forgive me for the journey you're about to take because I'm picking The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros for you and it was soooo good but it was soooo emotional!!! Get your tissues ready and brace yourself.

« previous 1 3 4