Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Very new member needs help finding a book series

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amzette (new)

Amzette | 1 comments Hello I’m very new to this group! I have a huge migraine at the moment, so if you don’t mind, I’ll tell you about myself later. I wanted to contact you all because I need help and I had this saved, so all I had to do was paste. 😉
I was wondering if maybe the group can help me find a series of books that I read a while ago. My memory has been getting progressively worse so I don’t have much to go on. Here’s what I have. I am looking for a book series that I read back in 2009-2011 or around that time (I don’t know how old the books are or who the author is). I don’t have much info. I was hoping maybe someone might recognize what I’m talking about. It’s a serial killer who kidnaps and kills women. There’s a forest involved. He sometimes tortures the women and will use some type of nipple clamps on at least one woman, that I remember. I recall that he loved peregrine falcons because of their speed. There is a peregrine falcon in the book, he may have fed it, I don’t recall. I believe that it’s a couple that has broken up but got back together when they were working together to find this killer.
Does this sound familiar at all? I’ve been looking for this series for years. I read it once. It would be great if I could get help finding the series. It’s not that book called Peregrine Falcon, I know that much.
I’m really hoping that someone can help me.
Thank you

Amzette 💜

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3050 comments Could it be the Joe Pickett series by CJ Box?

message 3: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Carden | 139 comments The character who trains the falcons isn't a serial killer thought. But you are right, this s the only book where I can think of the use of falcons.

message 4: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments Sorry Amzette, nothing occurs to me. I assume it's set in the US?

I hope your migraine got better.