Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Incorrect Page Count

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laly003 (last edited Jan 25, 2020 01:53AM) (new)

Laly003 | 2 comments Goodreads has page count of 2, should be 800.
The Western Humanities, Complete 7th edition
ISBN-10: 0073376620
It's the entry in Goodreads with this cover:
https://www.amazon.com/Western-Humani...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

message 2: by Bea (new)

Bea So...one entry on Worldcat for the ISBN indicates 2 volumes, which is probably where the 2 comes from. The other entry for the same ISBN indicates 704 pages, plus illustrations and others. Do you have the book in hand? Can you verify that it has 800 pages per GR rules for page count?

"The number of pages in a book is meant to include all content except for advertisements and preview chapters for other books. Included end material may include acknowledgments, afterwords, appendices, bibliographies, glossaries, indexes, notes, and suggested discussion questions.

Introductory material paged using roman numerals is not included in the total page count."

message 3: by Laly003 (last edited Jan 25, 2020 08:41AM) (new)

Laly003 | 2 comments This title has two versions, one version is with 2 volumes and the other is 1 volume. The one volume is the "Complete" version which I have and matches the cover photo to the Amazon link. The last page with a page number in my book is 704. After that page there are sections for Suggestions for Further Readings, Glossary, Credits and Index, in that order. The total page count for those sections is 48. It looks like the rest of the pages to come to 800 comes from the intro section which are in roman numerals. The ISBN-10 off my book is 0-07-337662-0.
Not sure if this helps but my book also has the following ISBNs for the separate volumes:
MHID: 0-07-733844-8 (Volume I)
MHID: 0-07-733845-6 (Volume II)