Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Reliable Line editor needed for first three chapters of novel

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ChessPawn (new)

ChessPawn | 140 comments Hello,

I am seeking a line editor for the first three chapters (about 9K words) of my literary/historical novel. (Spelling, grammar edits.)

If we work well together, please let me know if you also have room in your schedule to make line edits for the whole manuscript (97K) sometime in the upcoming 3 months.

I'd also love to get feedback and help on a synopsis and chapter breakdown. (an additional 1-2K words)

Please let me know:
-What you would charge for 12K of text
-If you would also be open to editing the remainder of the novel
-What your turnaround time is
-Any experience/testimonials/editor bio or website

My novel: is about a young tour guide in post-USSR Ukraine, who begins to unravel an uncomfortable secret surrounding his family.
If you would like a more detailed summary, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to receive your (even brief) opinion on the plot and characters, but this is not the main goal of this edit.

Please note: the entire novel may not be for you if you have sensitivities around abusive father/son relationships, depression, or descriptions of injuries following the Chornobyl disaster.
The first three chapters have minimal violence/injuries.

Thank you for your interest. You can leave me a message in this thread, or email me at AWCardiff @ gmail.com

message 2: by Stories (new)

Stories Matter (storiesmattereditingservice) | 15 comments Hi there! We would love to work with you on this project project. We could have the project finished up within 48 hours once we receive the file. We would definitely be open to working on the entire novel. For the amount of text we would charge $25. And our Facebook page has plenty of author testimonials. You can find us at Stories Matter Editing Service and I’ve included the link below.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id...

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email us at storiesmatterediting@gmail.com

message 3: by Manasa (new)

Manasa Kannan | 113 comments Sent you an email! :)

message 4: by christina (new)

christina | 20 comments Hi! Just dropped you an email. Thanks!

message 5: by Katerina (new)

Katerina Stavrou (katerinastavrou) | 21 comments Hi,

I'm honestly quite intrigued by the premise and setting you've described so far. I've got no sensitivities with reading abuse / darker themes, and do have room in my schedule to go through your entire MS, if you need another set of eyes at any point.

I offer several different thing - both edits and beta reads (in which i lean more towards developmental suggestions and a focus on structure and story etc), and also a mix of both.

If you're interested, have a look at my packages below, or feel free to flick me an email. I realise you've probably found the person you're looking for by now, but should you need anything else in the future, please do drop me a line!

https://www.fiverr.com/katstavrou?up_...

kat.stavrou@hotmail.com