2021 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > An Anonymous Girl

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roop (last edited Feb 08, 2020 09:47PM) (new)

Roop | 3 comments Started two days ago and finished reading it. I was scared reading it in the first few chapters as was the protagonist, Jessica.

*spoiler alert*

There are several things that surprise Jessica < (e.g. gender)> that surprised me as a reader. It is easy to understand her motivation as well as sympathise with her.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sass000) | 40 comments Yep. That was definitely a spoiler.

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 116 comments I am excited about this book. I have it and I plan to read this month just got to figure when I can start it.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sass000) | 40 comments I should be done with this tonight. How’s everyone else liking it so far?

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 116 comments I have not started it yet but it is on my list to start this week.

message 6: by Roop (new)

Roop | 3 comments How is it a spoiler? I didn't say anything at all. If someone is beginning to read, won't even know what I am saying and someone who read first few chapter may know what the word *gender* meant. LOL. I wrote when I had only read few chapters and not finished it yet.

message 7: by Roop (new)

Roop | 3 comments Finished reading it a week or so ago.
I kept thinking, twisting/turning/guessing but nothing like that in the book at all. Which I appreciate a lot. That is honest writing from the writer instead of cheating them. This is not as much of a mystery novel as it is character study and developement. Or you could say that the great reveal in the end is only

*spoiler alert*
< development of character and not in terms of classic whodunnit >

The writing is layered and subject matter is quite interesting to me.

message 8: by Lynn (last edited Feb 23, 2020 08:55PM) (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1424 comments I have yet to read this. Hope to do so this weekend. LOVED their first book!

Updated February 16--plan to read this next weekend, February 22-23.

Ugh! Further update as of February 23: I should be able to finish reading this next Saturday, February 29, just in time! :)

message 9: by Marythios (AkaSusanne ) (last edited Feb 26, 2020 04:24PM) (new)

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 116 comments (view spoiler)

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 116 comments (view spoiler)

message 11: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1424 comments Marythios (AkaSusanne ) wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

I thought that was really creepy as well. Of course, (view spoiler) Definitely creepy!

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1424 comments Marythios (AkaSusanne ) wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

Oh, yeah, I'm sure there isn't (view spoiler) However, I loved her parents for the way they handled Jessica's confession. (view spoiler)

message 13: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1424 comments Finally got a chance to read this! Loved it! I think I liked it a tad better than their debut novel, The Wife Between Us. These two are a magical team, are they not?

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 116 comments Lynn wrote: "Finally got a chance to read this! Loved it! I think I liked it a tad better than their debut novel, The Wife Between Us. These two are a magical team, are they not?"

Yes, and they have a new book coming out soon. This duo knows how to write engaging psychological thrillers.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.