Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Q & A

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 52008 comments Mod
If you have any questions about the challenge - please write them here.

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth White (betherly) | 224 comments I have 2 books on the go at the moment that I’m not sure I will finish before the end of the January challenge. Will they count for the February challenge if I finish them in February rather than January?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I couldn't find this in the rules. When you say we have words to find. Is it SPECIFIC words or can we just find any word and it counts?

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Beth wrote: "I have 2 books on the go at the moment that I’m not sure I will finish before the end of the January challenge. Will they count for the February challenge if I finish them in February rather than J..."

If you finish them in February, you can only count the pages that you read in February for page points.

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "I couldn't find this in the rules. When you say we have words to find. Is it SPECIFIC words or can we just find any word and it counts?"

Hmm I mean, I have the answers to the word search.. but if you find words that I didn't mean to put in it - then by all means go ahead. You might get extra points for it.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "I couldn't find this in the rules. When you say we have words to find. Is it SPECIFIC words or can we just find any word and it counts?"

Hmm I mean, I have the answers to ..."

Woohoo! Added bonus! :P

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina I know you answered this somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it. What is the rule for long words like 'International Language Day?'

Can we do it as three words or one word?

message 8: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new)

Jennifer | 3006 comments Mod
Can the words be backwards? DOOG = good

message 9: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new)

Jennifer | 3006 comments Mod
Nevermind, I answered my own question by finding some other words.

message 10: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

LOL WORDS CAN BE ALL OVER THE PLACE :)

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina I know you answered this somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it. What is the rule for long words like 'International Language Day?'

Can we do it as three words or one word?"

….hmm I would be evil if I added days into the word search, wouldn't I?

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 420 comments I am wondering if we go over the amount of books we can read. I severely underestimated my books i could read. I was not sure what books would count. Anyways I want to make sure before I get to crazy with my book numbers and people get upset. This was not done intentional. Is this going to be a problem?

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) wrote: "I am wondering if we go over the amount of books we can read. I severely underestimated my books i could read. I was not sure what books would count. Anyways I want to make sure before I get to cra..."

You are more than welcome to go over the book amount that you estimated to me :)

message 14: by BookWorm (new)

BookWorm | 1239 comments If a book has two authors, would the letters it could work for be either one of those authors?

message 15: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

BookWorm wrote: "If a book has two authors, would the letters it could work for be either one of those authors?"

yes, that would work.

message 16: by BookWorm (new)

BookWorm | 1239 comments Ok, thanks.

message 17: by OjoAusana (new)

OjoAusana | 430 comments if the author is listed as "prime publishing" does that work for the author? theyre listed but not like on the cover or anything
41 Valentine’s Day Crafts: Valentine’s Day Cards, Gifts, and More

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

OjoAusana wrote: "if the author is listed as "prime publishing" does that work for the author? theyre listed but not like on the cover or anything
[book:41 Valentine’s Day Crafts: Valentine’s Day Cards, Gifts, and ..."

Sure, since it doesn't have any other editions or mentions any authors per say.

message 19: by OjoAusana (new)

OjoAusana | 430 comments awesome :)

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Can we use alt title editions? Like the Spanish edition of a book?

message 21: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Can we use alt title editions? Like the Spanish edition of a book?"

lmao yes. It was mentioned on the sign up and we've always allowed alt editions in our challenges.

message 22: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Can we use alt title editions? Like the Spanish edition of a book?"

lmao yes. It was mentioned on the sign up and we've always allowed alt editions in our challenges."

Okay. Must have missed it. ^_^

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Feb 20, 2020 11:57AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I would just like to quickly confirm that 'trull' will be accepted. :)

message 24: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "I would just like to quickly confirm that 'trull' will be accepted. :)"

If it's an English word, yes?

message 25: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Feb 20, 2020 12:05PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "I would just like to quickly confirm that 'trull' will be accepted. :)"

If it's an English word, yes?"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...

I watch/read too many historical shows/books. lol.

message 26: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "I would just like to quickly confirm that 'trull' will be accepted. :)"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...

I ..."

lol, then yeah - go for it

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "I would just like to quickly confirm that 'trull' will be accepted. :)"

https://www.merriam-webster..."

Awesome. TY. :)

message 28: by BookWorm (last edited Feb 28, 2020 02:09PM) (new)

BookWorm | 1239 comments If we have a BOTM and we want to post it on the SS, would we just say it is a BR and you would put the right number of points on the Review thread?

message 29: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

BookWorm wrote: "If we have a BOTM and we want to post it on the SS, would we just say it is a BR and you would put the right number of points on the Review thread?"

On the SS, yes to BR. However, on the review thread, instead of saying BR and then adding the link - say BOTM and then add the link. That way I know which points to give you on your teams review thread.

Does that make sense?

message 30: by BookWorm (new)

BookWorm | 1239 comments Yes, thank you.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.