Stephen King Fans discussion

Buddy Reads > Petals on the Wind by V.C.Andrews (Feb 2020)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marlise (new)

Marlise (mawz76) | 119 comments Please discuss Book #2 of the Dollanganger series here...

message 2: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 369 comments i couldn't find an audio book for this one or the next. but my library has it. the book i mean.

message 3: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments Holy cannoli. I watched the Lifetime movie for this over the weekend and it was...wow. I'm definitely in for the buddy read!

message 4: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 369 comments I need to watch that one. I watched the original one and it was awful.

message 5: by Elle (new)

Elle (elevatedbliss) | 24 comments Just in the middle of a couple of other books, but I’ll join you all for this read once I finish them.

message 6: by Nick (new)

Nick Iuppa | 3972 comments Latasha wrote: "i couldn't find an audio book for this one or the next. but my library has it. the book i mean."

Looks like there's one used copy of an audio cassette on amazon. $41. Pretty steep and I'm not even sure my audio cassette player still works. I may pass... at least on the audio.

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  Osborn - Book Of Salem It's been taking me forever to finish this book! I started in December I think! So I guess I will be part of this buddy read. Interested to see if people dislike it as much as I am right now!

message 8: by Abby (new)

Abby (abby_ep) | 10 comments Did any of you who watched the lifetime series see that lifetime is picking up another VC Andrews series to adapt? Its the Casteel family series, the first book was Heaven. I'm anxious to see it now.

message 9: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 369 comments i still haven't got it yet. my hold still says about 2 weeks. -_-

message 10: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments I'm finishing up another (much more boring) book and then I'm hoping to jump on this one quickly. And speaking of, what's the general gist of the Casteel books?

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  Osborn - Book Of Salem Finished the book, guys.... Oof

message 12: by Elle (new)

Elle (elevatedbliss) | 24 comments Haven’t started Petals on The Wind yet as I have a couple of other books in the go that I want to finish first but I may check out the lifetime movie adaptation this weekend.
I remember the Casteel (Heaven) series. I believe that’s when they started using ghost writers. I recall reading 3 books in that series. I remember the sister Fanny was quite the character! I would love to see who they would cast for Fanny in a movie adaptation.
There was also a stand-alone book called My Sweet Audrina that was very weird.

message 13: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments I'm only about a quarter of the way in, but I really hope someone out there has (view spoiler).

message 14: by Ashley (last edited Feb 11, 2020 08:53AM) (new)

Ashley  Osborn - Book Of Salem Summer wrote: "I'm only about a quarter of the way in, but I really hope someone out there has [spoilers removed]."

Oh, it gets worse ;)

message 15: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 369 comments ok, i finally got it! i'll start this weekend at the latest.

message 16: by Marlise (new)

Marlise (mawz76) | 119 comments Hoping to get this started by the weekend!

message 17: by Marlise (new)

Marlise (mawz76) | 119 comments I haven't gotten to this one yet. If anyone is interested in continuing the series we can do a Buddy Read for the 3rd book in April? That way we can let everyone catch up?

message 18: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 965 comments That sounds good

message 19: by Elle (new)

Elle (elevatedbliss) | 24 comments I still haven’t gotten around to reading this one yet. Too many books to read! I don’t want to feel rushed to get through books so I’ll get to it when I can.

message 20: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments I stalled out about 250 pages in but I'm hoping to get back to it soon. The bits with her dancing career just aren't all that compelling, but I want to see what's happening on Chris's end of things.

message 21: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments I stalled out about 250 pages in but I'm hoping to pick it back up. The bits about Cathy's dancing career aren't all that compelling, but I do want to see what's happening on Chris's end of things.

message 22: by _pcunningham (new)

_pcunningham | 2 comments I loved the dolls hanger series up until the final book. But it was a very unique read and love V.C Andrews