What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Angelology (Angelology, #1)
This topic is about Angelology
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. A book about conflict in hierarchies of angels, possibly involving nuns on Earth. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob | 79 comments I was just reminded of a book which, at the time I read it (I think about 2010-ish) had quite a buzz around it - I am sure that I read that it was to be adapted into a movie with Will Smith, although he doesn't seem the likely star for what I recall of the book. Maybe it was that he had optioned it for his production company or something.

Anyway, the book was about angels, mostly about how their various conflicts/interests were having an impact on Earth. It wasn't Christian propaganda - I wouldn't have read past page 1 - it was just that they were a part of the story in the same way that fantasy books have supernatural elements. I think that the author was female, I think that the cover of the edition I read was mostly white. I suspect that the book was a departure for the author, in terms of genre. Maybe she was a romance author branching out, or a literary author playing around but I couldn't swear to that.

I don't recall many plot points but I feel like the way the impact of these angels was felt was something to do with some nuns in a convent but I may very well be conflating that from some other book. I also suspect that there was a guy who got involved somehow but the specifics escape me.

And, very, very tenously I feel like the word 'rose' has something to do with it.

Any ideas?

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Jan 24, 2020 09:27AM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1874 comments Maybe Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch? (A lot doesn't match your description, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case).

message 3: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Marquis | 219 comments This is likely Angelology, by Danielle Trussoni.

message 4: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob | 79 comments Joseph wins!

message 5: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Marquis | 219 comments Glad to help! Hope you enjoy getting reacquainted with this book.