Weekly Check-Ins > Week 4 Check-In

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandrah (new)

Cassandrah Woyak | 144 comments Mod
For the week of Jan. 19-25.

message 2: by Cassandrah (new)

Still chugging along doing 2 books a week, which I'll take as a win because with a 2 hour commute (total) everyday and working it's hard to fit in time to read!

I finished my audio book 'Lord of Shadows' by Cassandra Clare. OMG IT WAS SO GOOD. I liked The Mortal Instruments series BUT her writing really took off and this trilogy is amazing. I won't give anything away because it's the second in the series but if you're interested in these books AT ALL, you should totally read them.

I also finally finished 'The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest' by Steig Larsson. Wow what an amazing ending. I will admit it takes a bit to get into these books, but they are so artfully written and all the twists and turns it takes you on have been slightly hinted at throughout books.

Hopefully I can continue two books a week to keep me on track!

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Krath (clulle) | 10 comments This week was a slow week for me - I didn't read as much, but I did manage to read 'Ternet Ninja 2' (Checkered Ninja 2) by Danish Anders Matthesen (a comedian). I have meant to read this for some time, because at lot af Danish teachers have been so hyped about this book (mostly #1 of the series, but also this one) - but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

message 4: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 5 comments Okay I think I missed the part about check ins before so here goes. I’ve read a total of 5 books out the 50 challenge so far. I’ve not picked a book for every prompt yet, but I have another 11 picked out. Should I go more in depth?

message 5: by Cassandrah (new)

Brandi wrote: "Okay I think I missed the part about check ins before so here goes. I’ve read a total of 5 books out the 50 challenge so far. I’ve not picked a book for every prompt yet, but I have another 11 pick..."

Totally up to you! I sometimes like to put blurbs if I liked a book so it may make others interested, and it helps me keep accountable when I can list my books because I'm trying to stay on track for my goals, and to say which book I used for which category, but you don't have to!