What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Hater (Hater, #1)
This topic is about Hater
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. I'm looking for an apocalyptic book i read a few years back. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gabby | 5 comments Off the bat, let me say that I know the title, or at least i thought i knew the title. The title I thought this book was is "Rage" and it was a trilogy. However, when i spoke to a colleague of mine about this book and we tried looking it up, nothing came up.

I've spent about 2 days looking for this book with no luck and my colleague thinks I probably dreamt the story and thought I read it as a book.

So the synopsis is that a father is on his way to work when he sees someone attack another person, like violently beat them to death. He starts running with the crowd until he notices more people do the same to others. As he's running however he suddenly gets this intense urge (or rage) to beat someone to death, which he does. Then, chaos ensues all around the world of similar incidents and pretty soon the world is thrown into some apocalyptic world where people who have "the rage" get this intense urge to kill those who do not have it. Since he is separated from his family he goes on a journey to reunite with them.

It's like some form of zombie book but not really since people aren't eating each other but it is some form of virus or something that gives some people these violent tendencies to kill those who do not have it.

If anyone knows about this book please let me know. I honestly think I'm becoming a bit delusional if I completely fabricated an entire trilogy in my head, lol.

Thanks!

message 2: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5111 comments I don’t think you dreamed it. I don’t know why people in this group are always saying that they might have dreamed up whatever book they’re looking for.

message 3: by Gabby (last edited Jan 22, 2020 03:42PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gabby | 5 comments Rosa wrote: "I don’t think you dreamed it. I don’t know why people in this group are always saying that they might have dreamed up whatever book they’re looking for."

so do you know what book i'm talking about or?

message 4: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Marquis | 219 comments Well, let's start with some ideas.
Hater, by David Moody.

message 5: by Book2Dragon (new)

Book2Dragon Sounds a bit like "Cell" by Stephen King, but the main character never gets infected.

Gabby | 5 comments Joseph wrote: "Well, let's start with some ideas.
Hater, by David Moody."

OMG!!! THIS IS IT!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH

I head the title wrong like the idiot I am.

Gabby | 5 comments Book2Dragon wrote: "Sounds a bit like "Cell" by Stephen King, but the main character never gets infected."

Hey, thanks for replying! No, it's not cell. Found out it was Hater not rage. Had the title wrong like an idiot.

message 8: by Papaphilly (last edited Jan 22, 2020 03:46PM) (new) - added it

Papaphilly | 66 comments If your friend is right, what you describe sounds like the movie The Crazies, which was released in 1973 with a remake in 2010.

With what you describe, it does remind me of The Fog by James Herbert.

Gabby | 5 comments Papaphilly wrote: "If your friend is right, what you describe sounds like the movie The Crazies, which was released in 1973 with a remake in 2010.

With what you describe, it does remind me of The Fog ..."

Yeah, what was bad about me not remembering the correct title is that there have been so many similar books, films, even video games with the same concept that he kept insisting it probably wasn't a book at all, lol

message 10: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5111 comments I'm glad you found it, Gabby.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Jan 23, 2020 04:51PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Gabby, please add some plot details to your header (title); apocalyptic is a subgenre but it doesn't tell us enough.

This is mandatory, not optional for all headers. (See the Group Rules.)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Fog (other topics)
Hater (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

James Herbert (other topics)