Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Deleting old name before Pen Name

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Montgomery (bineyanne) | 18 comments I previously published my first two books before taking a pen name. I need to delete my old author name of Brittany Fuller on Indecision and Devotion., and only leave the author name Evelyn Montgomery. Can this be done?

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13538 comments You can't, sorry. The most current edition can be set as the default book.

message 3: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Montgomery (bineyanne) | 18 comments If I delete the book and reupload a new one, will it import the reviews from Amazon? I’m afraid to lose all my reviews. But might be willing to lose some of the “Goodreads” ones if it means getting rid of that name.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13538 comments You can't get rid of the name, and you can't delete books.
The Librarian Manual and author guides on Goodreads Help explain all the policies in detail.

message 5: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Montgomery (bineyanne) | 18 comments Who can I email for help to combine all the issues and list my new pen name as the primary name and make sure the covers are accurate then please?

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6187 comments You can't.
Primary author is and will be the name you first published under, for every edition of the book.
You might wanna read the guidelines and rules you accepted again.
And goodreads does not delete books. It's a database and keeps every edition.

And reviews are not imported from Amazon.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6187 comments For combing books you can ask here.
For setting a newer cover as the default you need to ask support if the primary author is not a goodreads author account.
The older covers will not be deleted.