You (You, #1) You question

Beck - actually annoying af or an unreliable narrator?
Kate Kate Jan 20, 2020 02:41AM
So I’m about a third of the way through and Beck has ditched Joe for the attention-seeking, manipulative and condescending Peach and honestly, if I was Joe, I would have given up the ghost a long time ago. I’m definitely not condoning Joe’s behaviour but if I was dating Beck and had access to her info/movements etc, I’d be seriously pissed off. She’s such a user and imho, her and Peach deserve each other.

What do other people think? Has anyone else found themselves siding with Joe and - dare I say it? - rooting for him? I just think Beck should commit to being single for a while as she clearly can’t commit to a relationship.

The other side to this is that Joe is probably not the most reliable of narrators and does have a warped sense of reality and morality. Is Beck really this flaky or is Joe maybe creating a situation where Beck’s being used by Peach so he can “save” her? Or maybe he’s exaggerating her irritating behaviour so that he can justify his complete invasion of privacy and appalling actions? Again, would be interested in what other people thought?

I’ve also watched the show but would prefer to treat each medium separately as I don’t fully know yet how the show differs from the show.