Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > Review Event

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Knight | 2 comments Hope I'm posting this in the right place! Helping spread the word about an event to connect authors seeking more reviews with readers willing to review. We have about 10 more spots for authors; no maximum on readers! More info on my blog. I'm not the organizer but I am a participating author, and the last time I did this event over the summer, it was amazing.

https://kathrynknightbooks.blogspot.c...

message 2: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Schanz (jeffschanz) | 82 comments Kathryn wrote: "Hope I'm posting this in the right place! Helping spread the word about an event to connect authors seeking more reviews with readers willing to review. We have about 10 more spots for authors; no ..."

Would this qualify as legal and legit reviews to Amazon? I've heard they are cracking down on reviews for favors, and although this doesn't sound like that, I wonder if Amazon will. Otherwise, this sounds great and I might be interested. Mainly just to get eyes on the book.

message 3: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Schanz (jeffschanz) | 82 comments Jeff wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Hope I'm posting this in the right place! Helping spread the word about an event to connect authors seeking more reviews with readers willing to review. We have about 10 more spots ..."

Never mind... I can't. I only have one book published atm.

message 4: by Kathryn (last edited Jan 20, 2020 09:14AM) (new)

Kathryn Knight | 2 comments That's too bad! You could always ask the hosts if there's wiggle room on that. Re the reviews rules, my understanding is offering a free book in hopes for a review is still OK. For this, most of us just use our KU Free days for this event, so readers are downloading the books they chose for free as opposed to even receiving a free review copy. The readers get to decide which books they want to pick from the group, so there's no requirement to review a certain title. They just get to see all our titles as part of the event and there are entries for prizes along the way not for reviewing a specific title but for participating in the event.

message 5: by Aeon (new)

Aeon Solo | 6 comments I would be interested to learn more about this. I’m a new author with one published book currently.

message 6: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Schanz (jeffschanz) | 82 comments I'm in! Sign-up is now, event starts Feb 1.
I'd encourage especially readers who are looking to get some free reads and maybe prizes for reading to hop on board.
Authors are limited, but there might still be a spot or two left. Not sure.